Check what is taking up memory?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Memory game, with 10 levels for you to have fun. Made in Construct3, template available for purchase.
  • I was wondering if there is any way of checking what is taking up memory on my project? I'd like to know what is taking up the most memory so i can optimise my game.

When i delete sprites, the memory usage does decrease but for some reason, i have some sprites where if i delete them, the memory usage doesn't decrease, and these sprites are quite large compared to others.

I have read a few tutorials on Optimisation and Perfomance but haven't come across one that shows how to see what is taking up the most memory. Is this even possible to check?

• The sprites with many frames will take up much of the memory.

You can delete them on by one and make a list of the difference.

• This is the way i've been doing it, just wondered if there was another way to see what is taking up the most memory.

I've assumed that every sprite will take up memory, even if they are outside of the layout, so i'm just curious as to why my memory doesn't decrease when i delete certain sprites.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The only workaround I know is to lower the resolution of the sprites. It works great for mobiles.

• The only workaround I know is to lower the resolution of the sprites. It works great for mobiles.

to lower resolution of sprite ?

can you give us an example ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)