Character Selection?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Hey everyone!

I am currently trying to make a game that features 'character selection' that effects the character / control style the player controls. I tried to implement this though the manipulation of an instance variable associated with the player object and tried to set up a sprite change at the opening of the layout so that, depending on what value the instance variable had, the player sprite would change, however that didn't seem to work. I have since tried using different objects and associating them with families, but they don't seem to work either.

Does anybody have any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Pandemonium

• Choose a character.

If ChooseCharac = 1 > Go To Layout > Create Player 1

If ChooseCharac = 2 > Go To Layout > Create Player 2

Should be as easy as that. Your way sounds like it's fine. Explain in more detail what the issue is and then someone can resolve it. Likely just a problem with the way you have implemented it / one of your events.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Alternatively, you can feed the value of the player into a global variable, then have it play animations as follows:

GlobalVariable = Bob

If Left button pressed >> Player play animation GlobalVariable&"Left"

This way you can have one sprite called Player with different animations like BobLeft, BobRight, FrankLeft, FrankRight, etc

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)