0 Favourites

Changing sprite canvas size

  • A long time ago when I started my project, I used an invisible sprite as my "platform" behavior and attached the arms, head, and body to the platform. Now I'm getting close to releasing my game, and I've decided to do some performance improvements.

    Long story short, my platform sprite is twice as large as I need it to be with a bunch of transparent space (don't judge, I just started!), so I wanted to consolidate the empty space by using "Crop Transparent Edges". Once I do this for every frame (I must have the platform duplicate every frame/animation of the character sprite in order to get the arms and head to move appropriately), when I load in the game, it looks as if all of my image points have changed drastically. The arms are 30+ pixels off, the head is the same, etc. I know this because the arms and head have an "Every tick, set arms and head to platformsprite.imagepointx & y" event.

    Can someone confirm this is supposed to happen, or is this a bug?

  • *UPDATE* I did a quick test of just cropping ONE frame of ONE animation, and it actually messed up every frame of every animation....something's going on here...

  • Construct 3

    Buy Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • *UPDATE* I did a quick test of just cropping ONE frame of ONE animation, and it actually messed up every frame of every animation....something's going on here...

    Did you try changing the image points?

  • Doc Ai - I did; changing the origin points actually did nothing (and I did drastic changes)

  • Doc Ai - I did; changing the origin points actually did nothing (and I did drastic changes)

    Can you post a capx having that problem?

  • Doc Ai - I actually was able to change every animation/anim frame aside from the default animation and have no problems as of yet. My capx is unfortunately too large to post, so I tried copy pasting the sprites into a new capx and changing them and they seemed to have worked. I'm assuming that means it's something with my code, but I have no idea what that is, so since I fixed 90% of the problem, I'm going to quit while I'm ahead . Thanks for your help!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)
Similar Topics Posts Views Last Post
Unread hot topic
0 Favourites
[PLUGIN] Canvas
627 186,719
zenox98's avatar
zenox98
Unread hot topic
0 Favourites
Sprite Font Generator - v3
368 112,370
RetroDaddy's avatar
RetroDaddy
Unread hot topic Locked topic
195 16,201
Ashley's avatar
Ashley Construct Team Founder