change the node-webkit icon?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Over 1700 16x16 pixel art RPG icons for item and skills
  • I agree it would be nice to have the option directly in C2 when exporting

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes I agree, it would be more convenient and easy.

• I will just leave this recent response from Ashley here:

Changing the icon of a Windows executable is suprisingly hard. It uses the ICO format which is an ancient format dragged kicking and screaming from the 16-bit Windows 3.1 days all the way through to 64-bit Windows 10. It never had any decent support in the Windows APIs to write ICO files as far as I am aware, and the documentation on the subject is pretty poor (and absolutely littered with accumulated backwards-compatibility baggage from over the years). So to support this would basically mean spending several days reverse-engineering an old, obscure and poorly documented format. Alternatively there are existing tools that can do this, and we have a lot of much more pressing things to work on, so...

• I know this is an old thread, just wanted to check if Resource Hacker is still the best way to swap the default nwjs icon for a custom icon?

Ive only just started playing with NWjs for the first time, to get my game on Steam... so I need to learn all the little quirks etc.

• I know this is an old thread, just wanted to check if Resource Hacker is still the best way to swap the default nwjs icon for a custom icon?

Ive only just started playing with NWjs for the first time, to get my game on Steam... so I need to learn all the little quirks etc.

As far as I know it is but you can surely find other programs which can replace the application icon as well.

Resource Hacker is just the most stable and reliable one, I've included it in my roundup if you want to take a look.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if C3 adds an option to do this directly but we'll see how desktop exporting in C3 is going to look like in the near future.

• Hi TheRealDannyyy Thanks for the the link to your roundup. Great info!

• thehen

Thanks for the info! Works like a charm for the .exe. I just couldn't change the titlebar icon...

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Just for reference, I found a way to change the NWJS window icon. Searching for the package.json in the C2 installation directory (which I assumed was the template which configs in NWJS are compiled from), eg C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\nwjs, opening up package.json revealed a property -> "icon": "icon-128.png". This "icon-128.png" is a reference to the current C2 project's /Icons folder. Editing this icon will change the window icon during export.

Alternately, you might be able to change the package.json template, but I think editing the C2 icon is better.

• faulknermano

Not sure if this has changed with the latest NWJS as I have amended the icons in my projects file section and it still exports with the default compass style.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)