Change Firing Modes Global Variable Trouble

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Globals 2.0
$3.99 USD
Globals 2.0 stores and group variables. You can also load and save data (variables) from/to JSON files.
  • I've implemented a mechanic where the player can change the firing mode of the machine gun from semi-automatic to automatic. If you press Z, it changes to automatic, and if you press X, it changes back to semi-automatic. I can't figure out how to get that same function with just the Z key (press once for auto, press again for semi).

Simply run into the gun to pick it up, the .capx is commented.

Thanks!

dropbox.com/s/xeivbcsmgzytrfr/zombie.capx

• Its very simple, but first I see that it changes the variable FireMode, but no where in your event sheet can I see the firemode variable doing any thing, how is it changing between auto and semi?

• Nevermind I found it, I will now organize your event sheet and add what you wanted.

• Sorry I was unable to create the effect you wish

But I felt bad saying that without a result

So I had some things to your game

1) It now costs 150 to spawn in a block

2) You can rotate the block by Pressing R well placing it

3) There is no cash variable

4) When killing a zombie it will say +1 in orange to represent adding to the score.

Sorry that I wasn't able to fix your main problem!

New Version: dropbox.com/s/eg8axvuqvt4z51e/zombie.capx

If you want any other minor changes, just let me know! (I have to get offline now but send me a message)

blakegillmandkj@outlook.com

• There is now a cash variable* not no variable

• The +1 effect is created by bullet, rotating the bullets angle to 0 so zombie doesnt effect it, then setting angle of motion to -90 without setting angle. Speed 10, after 2 seconds of being alive it dissapears.

• dilk

Wow thank you so much, I was trying to figure out how to rotate the blocks! The floating numbers from the zombies are really awesome as well! The mechanic I have will work fine, thanks for trying. If I figure it out I'll be sure to tell you.

• Fixed!

https://copy.com/RadDJ2Rr2yw2

Instead of SETTING the value FireMode to 1 on Z being pressed I changed it to ADD 1. And added a new event that once Firemod is grater than 1, sets it to 0. So now you can change firing modes with the same key.

• awmace5

Any chance we could work together on this project? I have some great ideas for a wave system & More!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can also toggle by using this:

Set firemode -> 1-Firemode

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)