Center Layout Window?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Maybe this is something super basic or completely impossible but here is what I would like to do...

I have a 1920x1080 Layout with a 1920x100 Window size. The problem is that the Window is the top 100 pixels... I would like to center it on the 1080...

The game plays vertically in a very tall thin strip and I have need of Layout area on either side. I would like to use the Destroy Outside Layout for easy bullet management but there are bounce objects outside the view space on both sides.

Really I'd like to be able to position the Window within the Layout but have control over the total size of the layout...

I hope this makes sense... I'm very new to this and having fun so far!

Thanks

• You can move to any part of the layout with the System->Scrolling actions.

eg.

+System: On start of layout
       -> System: Set scroll Y to 540

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can move to any part of the layout with the System->Scrolling actions.

eg.

> +System: On start of layout
       -> System: Set scroll Y to 540

Also, think about the screen like a camera, you can shake it with Sine, move around, zoom, and do effects.

• So... you have to build and kind of know the pixel space you want to display and set the scroll to show that area... I think I got it... It won't really show in the builder but its the result you get when it runs. I get the camera reference... the Window is what my lens can see, the Layout what I'm shooting at. Thanks that makes a lot more sense!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)