Can Someone Give Me More Info On Dictionarys?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hi everyone im just here looking to get some more info on dictionarys and how to use them alittle better.

I really need to know the basics on what i should do first to set up the dictionary for my inventory.

I have a good many of items and i just would like to know where to start.

I really dont like arrays too much and i feel like the dictionary is far more simplified and easier to understand.

Can anyone give me a hand on this topic,I have looked at the manual but it is lacking details on how to actually use this feature.

• I love dictionary.

Here is inventory with dictionary for you :)

dropbox.com/s/dfku07d4cihwzi0/Very%20Very%20simple%20inventory.capx

Edit:

A great trick to see what is happening in background - especially for arrays (I know you don't like, because you can't visualize)

Run layouts in debug mode and see the data filling dictionary/array

ctrl+F4 to run in debug mode

• Thank you so much!! DUTOIT you are right when it comes to me not being able to visualize i feel kinda lame for not learning through the curve when it comes to arrays.thank you once again man this will help me out so much

• You probably still will need to work with arrays, if you don't want to clutter your events with stats that each item gives, but rather load a json or csv and then load the values out of the array.

I think imagining arrays in 2D should not be too hard enough, because it works like a spreadsheet. You've probably worked with spreadsheets at one point or at least seen them.

• The only thing that confuses me about your CapX file DUTOIT is everything is in text format.Is it supposed to be that way or can i do this in a different way without everything being text boxes?

mindfaQ i know i will need to learn arrays eventually but as of now i can not comprehend them.it is overly complicated on construct for me.

• RookieDev

You can use text or image. The guy I originally did it for wanted text.

Okay, just wrote this quickly. Very simple version of image.

Inventory With Images and dictionary

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DUTOIT Thank you!! i will check this out as soon as i get off work man thank you once again

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)