Bullet Penetration!

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • Hey Constructors;

I've got a a bullet with speed of 2400 pps and when it's hitting the target sometimes it does what it's supposed to do, and sometimes it's just skipping the target! I tried to boost up the Collision Polygon of the target and bullet but still the same! Any idea around how to solve it?

Thanks a lot.

• The bullet is moving too fast, at those speeds the collisions will fail often for sure. Why are you using such speed?? Maybe we can find a solution to your problem.

• Yes, too fast. In a single tick, the bullet is moving an space greater than the size of the target, going though him. 2400 pixels per second equals 40 pixels each frame, at 60 fps

• Also, not all platforms can do steady 60 all the time. So if frame rate halves temporarily (30fps) the bullet movement is 120 pixels per one frame and it's highly unlikely all your intended target objects are that thick.

• lmchucho lmchucho Joannak Thank you a lot.

About the bullet speed I'm trying to give the illusion of a real bullet moving in the air so less than 2400 pps it will looks like BB Gun shot!

• One idea - create an invisible sprite long and thin - spawn this at your gun and check for hitting your nearest target. destroy bullet sprite as required. ?

• One idea - create an invisible sprite long and thin - spawn this at your gun and check for hitting your nearest target. destroy bullet sprite as required. ?

It's the same since the alternative object should move in the same speed of the bullet.

• Well if you want to be realistic, dont spawn a bullet. You cant see a bullet flying in real life so why would you in the game. Make an invisible laser for your carachter and:

If "laser" is overlaping(Enemy)

and Key(shoot) is pressed.

> Destroy enemy.

This way you can simulate high speed with pixel perfect collisions.

• Well if you want to be realistic, dont spawn a bullet. You cant see a bullet flying in real life so why would you in the game. Make an invisible laser for your carachter and:

If "laser" is overlaping(Enemy)

and Key(shoot) is pressed.

> Destroy enemy.

This way you can simulate high speed with pixel perfect collisions.

I didn't say I want to be realistic! I want to give the the player the illusion of bullet velocity. Anyway don't expect players to understand the frame rate technical crap.

• It's the same since the alternative object should move in the same speed of the bullet.

"space" fires bullet at 2400 (if the target registers a hit it flashes)

"F" fires bullet at 2400 (if the target registers a hit it flashes)

Sorry - did I just type the same thing twice....?

fast bullet test

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's the same since the alternative object should move in the same speed of the bullet.

"space" fires bullet at 2400 (if the target registers a hit it flashes)

"F" fires bullet at 2400 (if the target registers a hit it flashes)

Sorry - did I just type the same thing twice....?

fast bullet test

Thank you a lot for your try it's neat and clear. Well both my bullet and my target got Solid behavior and the bullet should bounce off of the target.So when you move your player to a different place and you shot again sometimes the bullet bounce off and sometimes acts like there is no object in front of it.

I tried a lot and I think there must be a solution as always.

• Would making the bullet collision polygon longer work?

Just elongate it in the opposite direction of the flight (left side in image editor), maybe that will help with registring the collision.

• LittleStain - that's what I meant

fawdda use this method but you might need to add your own ricochet

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/811/fast-bullets-going-through-targets

• LittleStain RamPackWobble Thanks mates, I'll give it a try for sure.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)