Browser go back function not working

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • Hey there,

I'm creating a game where it is important for the player to be able to switch back and forth between a site and the game. However the browser - go back event is not working. It simply doesn't do anything at all, even though the browser can go back (and does) by clicking the back button in the browser itself. (using google chrome btw)

The odd part is that the button works fine when I use it to navigate to a different layout, or even an URL.

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this problem?

Any help is appreciated!

• Just to be sure, are you trying it locally or is the project uploaded to the server?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I tried both, and both weren't working. Also, when I tested it locally, I made sure that it had a page to go back to.

It's fixed now. I used the browser action go to URL, and used 'go to "/" (target self)' as a designation, so it always goes back to the webpage, even when the game changes websites or something.

Not sure if this is the proper way to go at this, but at least it's doing what I want now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)