0 Favourites

Blue Erebus (Particle Assistance)

• Hey everyone!

Alright so today I would like to address an issue I've been having. I want to add more to this intro screen before I start adding levels. It is very simple I think at least but I just can not figure it out. I will look more into it, it may just be myself over thinking things, which I find myself doing a lot on construct.

Let me know what you think of the current project as it comes along. Hopefully you guys can assist the production here in this topic.

Here is a preview of the intro so far. http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting-puzzle-games/17900/blue-erebus

If you have any suggestions of anything of that sort please feel free to say something down below!

I am wanting to create the effect of dust flowing around in the air of the background making it seem more ominous. Hopefully you guys know what I mean by this. Kinda like a silent hill type dust but more floating around rather than falling.

I was wondering if it was possible to add in a looping video as the background? Kinda something like this http://youtu.be/yQYSRuewoZc

• This should be in the How Do I forum. As to your question, I'm not sure, unfortunately, but have seen topics involving videos every now and then.

You might want to check the How Do I forum search function or read up on the Video object in the Construct 2 manual.

• This should be in the How Do I forum. As to your question, I'm not sure, unfortunately, but have seen topics involving videos every now and then.

You might want to check the How Do I forum search function or read up on the Video object in the Construct 2 manual.

@inquiesco I have looked all over in the How to's but just can't seem to find anything. That's what resulted posting a new topic about it.

• ApoxInc No worries, but for future reference it should be posted in that forum regardless, not here in the 'Work in Progress Addons' forum... Kyatric Could you move this please, oh mighty one?

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • inquiesco I'll add more to the subject to make it more at home here. Kyatric please don't move it. I will fix it if it's an issue.

• Technical assistance request => How do I forum.

Feel free when you want to talk only about the game itself and are looking more for player's feedback than having technical issues to make a new post in the "Work in progress/feedback request" section of the "your creation" forum.

For the issue itself, it depends.

No need for the video plugin, you can probably reproduce the effect with a Particle object with the correct settings (here trial and errors are your friends).

Otherwise, you might create a flux of fixed sprites with sine and bullet behaviors.

There's not one solution, and it first and foremost depends on what you're looking to do, how you setup your game/windowsize/layouts, etc...

• Technical assistance request => How do I forum.

Feel free when you want to talk only about the game itself and are looking more for player's feedback than having technical issues to make a new post in the "Work in progress/feedback request" section of the "your creation" forum.

For the issue itself, it depends.

No need for the video plugin, you can probably reproduce the effect with a Particle object with the correct settings (here trial and errors are your friends).

Otherwise, you might create a flux of fixed sprites with sine and bullet behaviors.

There's not one solution, and it first and foremost depends on what you're looking to do, how you setup your game/windowsize/layouts, etc...

@Kyatric I tried the particles with the sine and bullet behaviors already and so far that worked out the best. I may be able to get it working with a few variables and events.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)