Blue Erebus (Particle Assistance)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
19 glow particle sprites in 4 colors and different shapes.
  • Hey everyone!

Alright so today I would like to address an issue I've been having. I want to add more to this intro screen before I start adding levels. It is very simple I think at least but I just can not figure it out. I will look more into it, it may just be myself over thinking things, which I find myself doing a lot on construct.

Let me know what you think of the current project as it comes along. Hopefully you guys can assist the production here in this topic.

Here is a preview of the intro so far. http://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting-puzzle-games/17900/blue-erebus

If you have any suggestions of anything of that sort please feel free to say something down below!

I am wanting to create the effect of dust flowing around in the air of the background making it seem more ominous. Hopefully you guys know what I mean by this. Kinda like a silent hill type dust but more floating around rather than falling.

I was wondering if it was possible to add in a looping video as the background? Kinda something like this http://youtu.be/yQYSRuewoZc

• This should be in the How Do I forum. As to your question, I'm not sure, unfortunately, but have seen topics involving videos every now and then.

You might want to check the How Do I forum search function or read up on the Video object in the Construct 2 manual.

• This should be in the How Do I forum. As to your question, I'm not sure, unfortunately, but have seen topics involving videos every now and then.

You might want to check the How Do I forum search function or read up on the Video object in the Construct 2 manual.

inquiesco I have looked all over in the How to's but just can't seem to find anything. That's what resulted posting a new topic about it.

• No worries, but for future reference it should be posted in that forum regardless, not here in the 'Work in Progress Addons' forum... Kyatric Could you move this please, oh mighty one?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • inquiesco I'll add more to the subject to make it more at home here. Kyatric please don't move it. I will fix it if it's an issue.

• Technical assistance request => How do I forum.

Feel free when you want to talk only about the game itself and are looking more for player's feedback than having technical issues to make a new post in the "Work in progress/feedback request" section of the "your creation" forum.

For the issue itself, it depends.

No need for the video plugin, you can probably reproduce the effect with a Particle object with the correct settings (here trial and errors are your friends).

Otherwise, you might create a flux of fixed sprites with sine and bullet behaviors.

There's not one solution, and it first and foremost depends on what you're looking to do, how you setup your game/windowsize/layouts, etc...

• Technical assistance request => How do I forum.

Feel free when you want to talk only about the game itself and are looking more for player's feedback than having technical issues to make a new post in the "Work in progress/feedback request" section of the "your creation" forum.

For the issue itself, it depends.

No need for the video plugin, you can probably reproduce the effect with a Particle object with the correct settings (here trial and errors are your friends).

Otherwise, you might create a flux of fixed sprites with sine and bullet behaviors.

There's not one solution, and it first and foremost depends on what you're looking to do, how you setup your game/windowsize/layouts, etc...

Kyatric I tried the particles with the sine and bullet behaviors already and so far that worked out the best. I may be able to get it working with a few variables and events.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)