Black screen in XDK Simulator

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Body mass index (BMI) is a formula that uses weight and height to estimate body fat (both metric and imperial units incl
  • Been creating a game for a while now and now I'm close to finalizing it. I wanted to test if it would work with the simulator of XDK but the only thing I get is a black screen on the device. The memory use is under 40mb so that shoudln't be the problem.

What would you guys need me to show you to be able to help me?

Peace

• the simulator on xdk is kinda buggy, try pushing it to the testing server and see if it runs on your phone.

if that doesn't work grab one of the game example templates and load that into the xdk.

if the template runs then the problem is specific to your project, but if it also gives you a black screen then the problem is outside of your project.

• the simulator on xdk is kinda buggy, try pushing it to the testing server and see if it runs on your phone.

if that doesn't work grab one of the game example templates and load that into the xdk.

if the template runs then the problem is specific to your project, but if it also gives you a black screen then the problem is outside of your project.

An older version of the game is working so the problem should be in the project.

• celstrider also tried pushing it to the testing server and it didn't work on my phone.

• toggle all the events off and try again, if it doesnt change then the problem isn't in your event sheets. Also disable any effects you have in your layers/layout.

That pretty much will narrow it down to either the project settings/ configuration settings in construct or the build settings in the xdk.

try switching to the fullscreen in browser to letterbox if it isn't already.

make sure the 'first layout' setting isn't a blank layout

Beyond that I will probably need to see the .capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • toggle all the events off and try again, if it doesnt change then the problem isn't in your event sheets. Also disable any effects you have in your layers/layout.

That pretty much will narrow it down to either the project settings/ configuration settings in construct or the build settings in the xdk.

try switching to the fullscreen in browser to letterbox if it isn't already.

make sure the 'first layout' setting isn't a blank layout

Beyond that I will probably need to see the .capx

You're the man! I've found the reason it wasn't working. Thanks a lot!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)