Between Angles Detect Touch Bug [C2] Capx attached

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Try creating "System->Is between values" event in C2.

You'll see that it's inclusive of lower an upper bounds:

lowbound <= num <=highbound

I'm a bit late to the party, but I agree with Bruno and others.

OP's attitude is terrible and the project is a complete mess. You can tell by simply looking at the file he posted - project is buried inside multiple sub-folders (\VARIABE_CLEANING\_NEWONE_USETHIS\windows splice in - Copy (10)) and includes a 4.5Mb backup file!

And instead of creating a small capx to demonstrate the problem, he demanded Ashley to look for a potential bug in that pile of garbage?!

Again, no need to be an asshole and you didn't help at all.

I frequently make backup copies cause C2 files go corrupt often, so a couple extra folders is no big deal.

• Ok, I have one last thing to say.

Changing 270 to 271 does work and the ship won't technically go off screen even though it does drift down slightly, but why would you even need to do that?

I completely don't understand this style of programming and yes the manual is very confusing. We shouldn't have to test every little thing.

Basically the way the in between function is coded is ridiculous because it forces you to use an extra number and behavior I didn't want (it should work at just 270 without having to go into 270.353535 or whatever).

And when one states in the manual something is in a 45 degree quadrant, that should mean 0 to 45 degrees.

So I think this is sloppy software design.

And this is the only bug I found in my game, which seems to be unfixable because of C2 design.

• I figured it out.

You can add an "or" condition Player_Ship1 is within 0 degrees of 270 degrees, but again that's a weird patch.

And none of you so called programming types could even suggest it.

Hah.

Well, that's that, but again it's super weird.

• I make your words mine: If one is going discussing stuff in forums, even if they think they know what they're talking about, they should learn to check the freaking facts first. You're welcome.

When did I ever say that? I may have acted like a smart ass, but I never said anything like this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • AmpedRobot, I'd suggest not trolling the forums. Regardless, here is the official explanation for why this was made the way it was, given by Ashley: https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=196944&p=1145722&sid=82f00f8702353c836fae08ae9b337140#p1145722

dop2000, you were correct.

• AmpedRobot, in regard to your last post, did you say that you're using "is between 0 and 271" or "is between 0 and 270"? If so, that would be redundant.

If you use both these conditions, the result will be the same as if you'd only used "is between 0 and 271".

If what you want is to lock the angle at 270 or 90, just add round() to where you're setting the angle of movement.

• This is not helpful at all.

Very rude and totally useless.

You wanna fight, I'd suggest another forum.

You were very rude. You came around like you're entitled to be helped no matter how you ask, you complained about something being a bug and got angry when told it wasn't. Seriously, dude. People like me, dop2000, and , are here every day helping people out, just for the kicks. Then, you come out of nowhere with your crappy code, trying to publicly shame a Scirra developper and start a fight? Get your s*** straight, man.

• "

>

> I make your words mine: If one is going discussing stuff in forums, even if they think they know what they're talking about, they should learn to check the freaking facts first. You're welcome.

>

>

When did I ever say that? I may have acted like a smart ass, but I never said anything like this.

"If one is going into programming anything, even in C2, they should learn this kind of thing first"

See? I just used your "smart ass" phrase and changed the words.

But, whatever. I guess this thread is already too angry. We should all take a deep breath and take it down a notch (or ten notches!!)

• brunopalermo, Ah, I see. Regardless, Ashley added to the manual to explain that the upper bound is exclusive.

• brunopalermo, Ah, I see. Regardless, Ashley added to the manual to explain that the upper bound is exclusive.

Good to know!

Anyway... Sorry for the fuss. I was angry at the other guy and you ended getting some of it. My bad!

• brunopalermo, nah, it's all good, I was wrong and arrogant.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)