Best way to create night?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • This is not a programming question, but visual.

What would be best way to create night without drawing everything in night style?

Transparent black object over normal screen? Some effect?

Is there a good non WebGl way, or is it better to use some WebGl feature?

Does it look good?

Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks for your help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah create a box that fills the screen. Fill it with a very dark blue and set it to multiply (effects). Set object opacity to around 80% (depends how dark the box colour is, and how dark you want the scene). I highly doubt you can do this without effects, unless you draw everything manually.

• Just add an extra layer on top of your game's layers, make it it black, none transparent, and play with opacity.

I use this method in a day/night cycle system.

• Yeah create a box that fills the screen. Fill it with a very dark blue and set it to multiply (effects). Set object opacity to around 80% (depends how dark the box colour is, and how dark you want the scene). I highly doubt you can do this without effects, unless you draw everything manually.

Well, this might be the best method, although WebGl might be a luxury on some platforms. Thanks.

Just add an extra layer on top of your game's layers, make it it black, none transparent, and play with opacity.

I use this method in a day/night cycle system.

Thanks. Safest method, although I believe you lose some contrast with this. But with careful use it could be it.

Will try both.

• This is an After Effects tutorial using video, but it may give you an idea on how to make it look visually.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/d ... onversion/

• This is an After Effects tutorial using video, but it may give you an idea on how to make it look visually.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/d ... onversion/

Thanks, but I believe most of this is higher math outside of Construct boundaries.

• do the layer thing. also you could apply effect on that layer with opacity around 20-40 - darken or overlay. will change colors of items and all. play with it

• I toyed with a similar thing many moons ago and found multiply with very dark blue fill layer (sprite or so) produced the best results. Although, you should really play around to find what's best for your visual needs

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)