Best way to create multiple levels?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Well, you could set the arrays manually with events. It would be tedious, but you could do it (not sure how that would affect performance though, probably badly).

• Even though it's possible, that's not really a realistic solution, even for small levels. Using the CSV plugin is far better, which basically makes a single string out of an array. Only one thing to have to set at edit time.

• I was thinking about making an array and count (++) once each level is complete, but I will stick to copy/pasting events for now. Is a bit dirty but works for me since I'll be making only six levels.

By the way, does the free version limit the amount of Layouts one can create?

• No limitation on the layout number.

Also you can duplicate layouts, but you can also include event sheets into other.

You can reasonably make a "global" sheet containing all the common mechanics/features of your levels and include it in each level's event sheet.

There's a slight bit of performance and download size to be earned there, and it makes it easy to modify a behavior/code through all the levels from the event side.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ou can reasonably make a "global" sheet containing all the common mechanics/features of your levels and include it in each level's event sheet.

That's exactly what I'm doing so far. Thanks for the clarification on the Layouts Kyatric.

• I really love what you made!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)