Backgrounds

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
This is a pack with 7 space backgrounds wich have variations.
  • Blacksmith, Cheers I should have mentioned that.

Here you go Rookie I have updated the original example. Now when you fall from the sky you can see the verticle parallax working too (you will no doubt want to adjust this to your liking but its a good starting point).

db.tt/zWVXCDN6

Things start to get a little bit hectic in the editor (depending on how zoomed in you are it will look different) so the best way to adjust is to play the game and move it up or down bit by bit until it feels right.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Blacksmith, Cheers I should have mentioned that.

Here you go Rookie I have updated the original example. Now when you fall from the sky you can see the verticle parallax working too (you will no doubt want to adjust this to your liking but its a good starting point).

http://db.tt/zWVXCDN6

Things start to get a little bit hectic in the editor (depending on how zoomed in you are it will look different) so the best way to adjust is to play the game and move it up or down bit by bit until it feels right.

Awesome,

Thank You GenkiGenga and you too Blacksmith, You dont realize how grateful to have you help me out with this project GenkiGenga I am still new but all of this help will make me a Vet in no time,Thank you This is the best Game Making engine software money can buy and the Community is Priceless Thanks Man.

• GenkiGenga, No problem!

Ahhh, I see, so this is what RookieDev was after. It all makes sense now, nice example :)

• Haha, no worries and I'm sure you will mate!

Agreed, C2 combined with this community is awesome. :)

• Yes this is a wonderful example!czt@GenkiGenga is a Lifesaver I love this effect in parallax,But lets say i wanted to keep my horizontal parallax but wanted to restrict the movement of the mountains to the view when i move up and down.I ask this because i will implement several different rooms each containing a different style of biome.I will be having a different effect with my backround in those rooms.

• Hmm I cant picture the style that you are wanting to achieve, maybe if you drew a picture it would help.

But, lets say you wanted the far set of mountains to have the normal X parallax but you want to control when it moves up or down (so its not actually parallax for the Y), you would then have to manually move it up or down.

Simplest way to do this is add bullet behaviour and control the speed and angle of motion.

• I do apollogize for my lamen way of explaining this,Basicly i want to make it so all of my Mountains stay within my view when i change my Y movement without scewing up the X parallax movement of my Mountains.I know if i use the default Scoll TO function on my Backround it will screw with the X Parallax movement.I hope this helps alittle more than how i explained it in my last post.If not its ok i will just keep testing around a bit.

• That's ok, I have been there.

Try the link again. Im not sure this is what you want but I have just reset the parallax for the Y axis on one of the mountains to 0 (and positioned it in the editor to always be at the bottom of the window).

Am I getting close?

• its hard being the new guy lol,

And yes you are close,is there a way to make it so it sticks to the character that way but with no hesitation.All in all im just trying to keep the mountains in view nomatter where the player is at.I cant say thanks enough man you didnt have to go through everything you have.

• Its a pleasure,

I think you will like this, same link as before.

I have adjusted the numbers so that you still have some Y scrolling but not enough that you lose view of any set of mountains.

One thing to keep in mind with this is its based off how high your stage is, so if you doubled the height of the stage you would have to again adjust the Y values accordingly.

• Its a pleasure,

I think you will like this, same link as before.

I have adjusted the numbers so that you still have some Y scrolling but not enough that you lose view of any set of mountains.

One thing to keep in mind with this is its based off how high your stage is, so if you doubled the height of the stage you would have to again adjust the Y values accordingly.

This is exactly what i was looking to do!! I dont like this i LOVE it! This is also exactly the kind of smooth movement i was hoping to try and get.I think this should be somewhere on the Tutorial section you did an awesome job man.Thank you,You sir are getting credits in this game.

• We got there in the end :)

No need for the mention Rookie, glad to have helped.

• Thank You GenkiGenga and there is no way that im not giving you a mention for what you have done.I have been learning alot from seeing your workings.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)