Background Music Issues

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
6 looping tracks to use in your games and projects. These tracks are in the style of the 1960s detective movie genre.
  • So, I'm completely new to Construct 2 (though I've worked with similar programs) and I'm having an issue with the audio plugin. I have it set up currently that at the start of a frame, some music should play and when you click on an object, a sound plays. However, when the music is playing, the sound will not play. Does Construct only have one audio channel or something? Am I doing something wrong? Please help!!

• I haven't confirmed it my self yet, but I read somewhere that if the audio files are imported on the Music folder, you can't playback more than one at the time.

Try importing the files on the Sounds folder and playback them from there.

• Import the background music to the music folder and the sounds to the sounds folder.

But most important: Read me

• Thanks for the quick reply! I did import the files separately in the Sound And Music folders but they still won't play simultaneously. Could it be because they're the same file format? I dunno; just spitballing here. I had to set up a script to prevent the sounds romf playing at the same time, but it refers to their tags; not any file.

I'll take a second look at my scripting; maybe I've missed something. I'll upload pics when I get home.

• Sorry, slightly OT-

tulamide - if we're using node-WebKit, can we put music in the sounds folder?

• Here's a link to my script as it stands.

i.imgur.com/2ZZXIuA.png

• I don't see a reason why they shouldn't play at the same time (if I'm not slipping something). You could rearrange the events 1-3 for better maintainability:

+ Touch | On touched BigRedSquare
      Audio | (invert) Tag "voice" is playing
       + (subevent) MrBlockh... | Is overlapping BigRedSquare -> Audio | Play BigRedSquare
       |  + (subevent) System | Caption = 1 -> Text | Set Text to "That's a ..."
       |                                       Text | Set visible
       + (executes when not overlapping) Else -> Audio | Play GetCloser

But that's cosmetics right now. Have you tried playing them seperately in a clean, simple project? Not all formats are playable/convertable. If they do play by simply adding them to a fresh project with nothing else than the audio plugin and 1 event like 'On start of layout' -> Play "whatever", then you should share the capx of your game project, as there might be something else making problems.

ome6a1717

As the manual says, the only difference between the music folder and the sounds folder is that files from the music folder are streamed, while files from the sounds folder are buffered completely in RAM. If you're using node-webkit, the loading of the files from the sound folder will be quicker, but the decrompression will take the same amount of time. And the need for enough RAM stays the same, too. Decompressed stereo audio will use 10 MB/m. Also, the audio will be kept in RAM until the layout ends. So be careful when using long music files as sounds. But basically, yes, it's possible.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah; it was the music file I was using. Fortunately, it was just a placeholder. Thanks guys! I figured it out. I'm just glad there wasn't anything wrong with my scripting.

• Hey there, if you need any music or sound FX for your project, email me at TylerOsgoodMusicpzt@gmail.com. I've been working with several developer using Construct 2, and I hope I can help you make the best game possible!

Check of some of my work, at soundcloud.com/a-i-tyler

• Hey there, if you need any music or sound FX for your project, email me at . I've been working with several developer using Construct 2, and I hope I can help you make the best game possible!

Check of some of my work, at soundcloud.com/a-i-tyler

dude your work is very good!

nicely done

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)