ASDW and mouse movement at the same time is not working

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Iv had to change my characters movement controls from "Arrow keys" to "ASDW" because that's how people wanted it.

The problem now is:

I have a miner character and when "D key is down" my miner moves right.

But this stops my mouse and curser from moving which is used to mine by "left clicking" on the blocks.

Also once I let go of "D key is down" there is a split second lag which is making mining much slower.

With "Arrow keys" I could use the mouse and curser at the same time as the miner character was moving across the screen without letting go of the "Arrow Keys"

• What does your event sheet look like for the ASDW triggers? Screenshot or capx would help.

• I got this when I was asking how to change them a few weeks ago. I don't know if I am missing something else but when I push any of the ASDW keys it freezes the mouse and curser iv tried turning default controls on and off moving it to the top and bottom of the event sheet but its the same.

(8-Direction Behaviour)

*When Key "W" is down -- then

• -> Player Simulate control "Up"

*When Key "S" is down -- then

• -> Player Simulate control "Down"

*When Key "A" is down -- then

• -> Player Simulate control "Left"

*When Key "D" is down -- then

• -> Player Simulate control "Right"

(Platform Behaviour)

• -> Player Simulate control "Jump"

• -> Player (Fall Through)

• -> Player Simulate control "Left"

• -> Player Simulate control "Right"
  • I have no ideas based on that, it should work fine. Maybe there is something else, won't know without testing your project.

• Just a quick thought... are you on a laptop? As lots of laptops disable mouse input while any keys are being pressed.

Just a thought

• Just a quick thought... are you on a laptop? As lots of laptops disable mouse input while any keys are being pressed.

Just a thought

This is the problem, I have a HP laptop and on a HP forum nobody can figure out how to turn it off so for now ill just add Arrows and ASDW.

• > Just a quick thought... are you on a laptop? As lots of laptops disable mouse input while any keys are being pressed.

>

> Just a thought

>

This is the problem, I have a HP laptop and on a HP forum nobody can figure out how to turn it off so for now ill just add Arrows and ASDW.

I'm on HP too, a way you could get around it is to plug a mouse in, but obviously that's not ideal for the end user.

To resolve the issue on on HP though, you can do this by going to Devices > Mouse & Touchpad > Touchpad (change from "medium delay" to "no delay"), then reboot.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I got this when I was asking how to change them a few weeks ago. I don't know if I am missing something else but when I push any of the ASDW keys it freezes the mouse and curser iv tried turning default controls on and off moving it to the top and bottom of the event sheet but its the same.

(8-Direction Behaviour)

--> Player Simulate control "Up"

--> Player Simulate control "Down"

--> Player Simulate control "Left"

--> Player Simulate control "Right"

(Platform Behaviour)

--> Player Simulate control "Jump"

--> Player (Fall Through)

--> Player Simulate control "Left"

--> Player Simulate control "Right"

You are using platform and 8 direction at the same time? Aren't those two colliding with each other or sort of doing unnessecary double work?

• > You are using platform and 8 direction at the same time? Aren't those two colliding with each other or sort of doing unnessecary double work?

>

I use both at the same time because I have a ladder so when "Platform Behaviour" is disabled the gravity stops and the "8-Direction Behaviour" makes the character move upwards like he is climbing a ladder when he is "overlapping the ladder".

As long as Max speed, Acceleration and Deceleration are the same it works fine.

With any key down which makes the curser stop moving. I tried disabling lots of different things and nothing makes any difference, it needs to be turned off on my laptop settings.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)