Anyone succeed to come out w/ an Xbox One game thru ID@Xbox?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX One contains 400 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • I'm currently trying this but am still waiting, if ever, for a response that actually specifies what I would need to change, or add, for it to become a 'fit' on Xbox One instead of not, instead of just a generic copy and paste rejection response. I also know that they could simply choose to not give me specifics, and that I can't force them to do so. But I'd love a specific to-do list.

• Yes I have gone through that and I'm an approved microsoft developer. However C2 games are not allowed to be published on xbox one atm so don't put too much effort in applying. As it looks right now we have to wait and see if anything changes with C3 but I don't think we'll be able to publish on xbox one until universal apps are launched and that is miles away...

• Yes I have gone through that and I'm an approved microsoft developer. However C2 games are not allowed to be published on xbox one atm so don't put too much effort in applying. As it looks right now we have to wait and see if anything changes with C3 but I don't think we'll be able to publish on xbox one until universal apps are launched and that is miles away...

They aren't? Where did you get that info?

• > Yes I have gone through that and I'm an approved microsoft developer. However C2 games are not allowed to be published on xbox one atm so don't put too much effort in applying. As it looks right now we have to wait and see if anything changes with C3 but I don't think we'll be able to publish on xbox one until universal apps are launched and that is miles away...

>

They aren't? Where did you get that info?

No sadly not. My game was ready to be published and Microsoft helped me get it running great on xbox one but when it was time to publish the game they gave me the news that construct2 games wasn't allowed to be published due to security reasons they couldn't discuss. My contact has tried to find a solution for me but at this point it is not possible for any c2 game to be released.

Microsofts response regarding C2 games on xbox one:

[quote:1glx904n]We have security teams dedicated to ensuring compatibility and safety across approved middleware partners, and there is at this point no workaround for Xbox One as it relates it Construct 2; I have checked this with our teams multiple times and unfortunately there is no path forward with Construct 2 on Xbox One right now. Again, if you’d like to wait it out for UWP, that is likely your best bet for bringing it to Xbox through Windows 10, but that is still a ways away (I do not have exact details to share). Very sorry about that!

IDcbw@Xbox Account Management

So I hope C3 has some kind of solution to this otherwise I'll have to port the game over to another engine.

• I've heard different information - it is currently possible to publish to Xbox One via the UWP export, but it's not particularly easy. We're working to try and make it easier.

• Well, it seems that now it's going to be possible (finally!)

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-a ... ne-in-2017

• I've heard different information - it is currently possible to publish to Xbox One via the UWP export, but it's not particularly easy. We're working to try and make it easier.

That was going to be my follow-up question. Not sure if everything would translate over correctly so you'd probably need someone to patch up a lot of the holes there but glad to hear you are working on it.

Well, it seems that now it's going to be possible (finally!)

https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-a ... ne-in-2017

Oh nice!

• So has anyone actually managed to publish a C2 game on Xbox one yet? - and is it or isn't it possible because I'm reading conflicting information all over the place lol.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • maxrpg Our game Crystal Brawl is made with Construct 2 and was just published on Xbox One, under the Creators Program.

I posted about it here, please feel free to ask questions:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)