Anyone else have this problem?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • Just using the platform behavior, jumping seems to come and go. Ill some times have to press the jump button 3 or times before the player jumps while running... this is a big issue for me as the game is a platformer so jumping needs to be precise. Any words of advice on why this isnt working?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What release you are using ?

• Post your code or capx.

• Im 168 right now. I cannot post capx, im a nintendo developer and using the wii u plug in, posting it is not allowed unfortunately.

• Just using the platform behavior, jumping seems to come and go. Ill some times have to press the jump button 3 or times before the player jumps while running... this is a big issue for me as the game is a platformer so jumping needs to be precise. Any words of advice on why this isnt working?

https://www.scirra.com/manual/100/platform

Implementing reliable platform movements

For the most reliable platform movement, it is recommended to use a invisible rectangle sprite with no animations with the Platform movement. Then, the animated player object can be positioned on top of that. Otherwise, the changing size and collision polygon of the object as its animation plays can interfere with the Platform movement's floor, wall and slope detection, causing a shaking or glitchy movement. For more information and a complete guide, see the tutorial How to make a Platform game.

If you didn't do it, I suggest applying the platform behavior on a rectangle, then pin the graphics onto it (if you have multiple instances to work with, containers will be of help)

• This happens in some keyboards if you are using the directional buttons to control your player and you have the keyboard "Num Lock" function activated.

• I think it might be the numnlock because it never happens to the game on the Wii U. Thanks!

• Having the same issue. Seems as though it'll work 80% of the time then fail to register. NumLock is off. Haven't found any information as of yet in my searches to help us resolve the issue. We created a sprite then applied our texture to it. Any advice?

• Nvm, we fixed it.

• Having the same issue. Seems as though it'll work 80% of the time then fail to register. NumLock is off. Haven't found any information as of yet in my searches to help us resolve the issue. We created a sprite then applied our texture to it. Any advice?

WHAT DID YOU DO TO FIX THIS???????? PLEASE HELP lol. Its still giving me problems. same thing, about 80% of the time.

• Right now I do not have access to a workstation with the project on it.When I can, I'll let you know what we did. Sorry but it maybe a day or two until I can. I'm actually the audio guy. I was just trying to help the guys working on the game by finding info for them. So, I can't tell you off hand.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)