Any simple way to store data online?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • Hi,

I was wondering if there is any simple way you can store simple text data online. I just want to store something like "level = 5" in a text file somewhere on the internet. Then i want to be able to read that text file later and put the user on level 5.

Thanks for the help!

• use the webstorage object :)

• Hey EncryptedCow! Thanks for the suggestion but the webstorage object doesn't guarantee permanent storage...once the user deletes the cookies, its gone!

• The Webstorage object doesn't store data online, but it does store it locally, and it isn't cleared when the user clears their cache. So it is relatively permanent.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey Ashley, Thanks for the help!

But I want to create a facebook game that keeps track of what level you are on no matter what computer or device you are using. So local storage isn't really an option for me. Is there no simple way to read something from an online text document?

• It is quite simple, if you have some knowledge in either Perl or PHP.

You have to set up a script, that stores the file or an entry in a database. In Construct, you have to call that URL with all the parameters you like to store.

Done

• Ubivis,

I am familiar with a tiny bit of PHP and MySQL databases. But I do not know how to integrate this with Construct.

Could you, kind sir, possibly make a quick .capx showing the simplest way to do this? :D I would be forever indebted to you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)