Hey there guys!
I'm having some issues with my mobile game Gladiator guts (link at the bottom). I have it running at 60fps the majority of the time but occasionally it drops down to 45 of my Samsung Galaxy S3. I've put in a couple of days solid work now getting the framerate this high. Are there any more methods you can recommend to just get that last boost? Here are the methods I have already used, they are not present in the version you can play at the bottom as that is the PC version:
* Splitting all my large background images into quarter chunks so they load faster and have less transparent areas.
* Reducing the quality on my blood particles. I need to reduce the gut quality as well. I did this by halving the size of everything in the editor then making it bigger on the layout. Not sure if it made a difference.
* Lowering the physics steps to 0 for all my physics objects and also making them frame rate independent which honestly makes no visible difference. It's quite annoying because if that worked as I thought it would I would have 0 issues and my game would be out last week.
* Getting rid of my big transparent shadows.
* Getting rid of the big arena floor for the crowd to stand on and instead making the background colour the floor colour.
* A few little changes to code here and there, loops, collision checks etc.
Are there any more ideas guys? Anything I've done there that is wrong?
Is my understanding that sprites use up less memory that tiled background images for the background if it is not being tiled, as in repeated multiple times?