Antenna with revolute joints issue

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Hello everyone!

I am a little stuck on a little problem with revolute joints. What I am trying to do is create an antenna that is attached to a character and sways to the character's movements. I am sooo close, but I have an issue with two of the four joints.

First off, the joint that attaches to the character is set to the position every tick, but always lags behind the image point it's set to when I move the character. I have lots of other sprites attached to the character, and none of them lag behind, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for that.

Secondly, all the points stay at the same distance from the one they are attached too, except for image point 2. Point 2's distance increases the faster you move the character. I've even tried applying a distance joint which had undesirable results.

I've looked at a few threads from people with the same idea of using physics objects to create antennae, but nothing gives me any ideas that could solve the issues I'm having.

If anyone would like to take a look, here's a simple capx. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30500491/antenna.capx

Thanks a bunch!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry to bump this. It still has me stumped, as all the joints have the same properties but some behave differently. Joint 2 should remain within a fixed distance of joint 1, and joint 1 doesnt stay connected to the image point like it's supposed to.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)