Almost 3 years still no facebook?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • I have searched the forums for over a day with just dead ends, I have half way got my game to post scores on the Facebook version which is by no means a easy task with a tutorial from 2011! But I searched this forum the German and French and even the Russian C2 forums using Google translate and still did not find a viable easy answer to the most common question about Facebook "How do I post scores" the Facebook game its self is doable but very complicated I had 3 pages tell me different things, but after like 2 days I got some progress. The mobile version how ever won't even login correctly with either one of the Facebook plugins, and Clay.io is far from perfect it has a lot of issues too. We have Multi Player now wooohoo how well is that working, I'm sure that will complicate the Facebook scoring system even further, how about some updates on Facebook tutorials that are 3 years old or fix the plugins that have not worked correctly since they came out, or even better hows about Google Games Services, which when it does come out probably be forever before it works.

I have seen so many people ask about Facebook on this forum with out even getting a reply, is that because no one knows, or the ones that do don't want to share there secret? I'm not asking for a capx, but a current and updated tutorial would be sufficient for the community. I have a game on Google play store that people really want to post the scores, I really need full Facebook options for them. I keep stalling with excuses but the uninstalls are becoming more frequent. I am almost ready to give up on this program mainly for the lack of support by Scirra, the community on the other hand is very supportive. Ugh, and Its a good thing I copied most of that cause the website made me relog in... again.. If the web page login is hard to get to work correctly I imagine a Facebook login would be even more so.

And if someone finds the answers and corrects me I'll gladly Edit this post. Just so dang frustrated.

• bremen : What is exactly hapenning, and which wrapper are you using? (CocoonJs I don't really know a lot so if it is it, maybe other people could help more than myself)

• bremen, LOL - I also see lots of 'creative progress' but not much getting finished...

I don't think it's possible for cocoonjs to connect to the native Facebook app using the current C2 plugin. You can configure the cloud compling with the settings but I don't see any way to access them. Maybe someone has managed to write their own mini-cjs plugin to bridge this gap but I've never heard anything about it... Crosswalk is too immature and I wouldn't expect that to be able to do this for many months or even years. Not helpful, I know, but I've been struggling with the same need and also couldn't find an answer.

I believe that it is possible to do using Phonegap and this phonegap plugin, but I've no idea how to actually go about posting a score using that api and so I can't help further... All it says is it permits the use of the same Javascript code as would be used in a browser game, so it might work using the standard C2 Facebook plugin. One of my apps uses Phonegap and I would dearly love to know how to do this as well. I haven't found the time to try it yet and since Scirra has effectively dropped Phonegap (and I've read on other threads that the Facebook implementation is 'difficult') I don't expect this to be easy to my non-code-writing brain.

• I'd also really appreciate up-to-date information about integrating C2 games into FB incl. posting scores ...

• I have searched the forums for over a day with just dead ends, I have half way got my game to post scores on the Facebook version which is by no means a easy task with a tutorial from 2011! But I searched this forum the German and French and even the Russian C2 forums using Google translate and still did not find a viable easy answer to the most common question about Facebook "How do I post scores" the Facebook game its self is doable but very complicated I had 3 pages tell me different things, but after like 2 days I got some progress. The mobile version how ever won't even login correctly with either one of the Facebook plugins, and Clay.io is far from perfect it has a lot of issues too. We have Multi Player now wooohoo how well is that working, I'm sure that will complicate the Facebook scoring system even further, how about some updates on Facebook tutorials that are 3 years old or fix the plugins that have not worked correctly since they came out, or even better hows about Google Games Services, which when it does come out probably be forever before it works.

I have seen so many people ask about Facebook on this forum with out even getting a reply, is that because no one knows, or the ones that do don't want to share there secret? I'm not asking for a capx, but a current and updated tutorial would be sufficient for the community. I have a game on Google play store that people really want to post the scores, I really need full Facebook options for them. I keep stalling with excuses but the uninstalls are becoming more frequent. I am almost ready to give up on this program mainly for the lack of support by Scirra, the community on the other hand is very supportive. Ugh, and Its a good thing I copied most of that cause the website made me relog in... again.. If the web page login is hard to get to work correctly I imagine a Facebook login would be even more so.

And if someone finds the answers and corrects me I'll gladly Edit this post. Just so dang frustrated.

I wrote some posts and topic about that (maybe you can see on my profile or just search) if the app run of the facebook website...

I suggest to study php,java and mysql, because it's easy to implement on construct2, and in mobile too.

you need to know how is working facebook app on android or iphone, just find some documentation...(the facebook website has some documentation) I never try to run some function of facebook on mobile, but just if the app run on my website, with facebook... I made some script in php and I made the database to save the savegame or score for every user....

for example, for my app I don't use the facebook plugin, but I load all data of user (picture, url, UID...everything) from a php file, and construct just read and send the variable with AJAX on my database. maybe you can do this on mobile (I didn't try, maybe is working different, but I think it's possible)

this forum is not the best way to talking about that, because maybe you will talking about php, java, mysql(if you like to save a variable for a user on facebook...)

maybe I will try to make something with cocoonJS and I will open a topic... now I'm a little bit busy, but I like so much to talking about this argument

• I have been in contact with IntelRobert, over the past months and he recently announced that Crosswalk team is working on Facebook.

The ETA is 'before May'.

• bremen Agreed. C2 and its third party services have surprisingly weak supports with the mobile devs about the basic features. It's really hard to make leaderboard work, add Gamecenter services, and get users to post scores and share them on SNS.

Anyway, there was a way to post a mention to Facebook wall through URL, but Facebook has blocked it. But still there's a similar way on Twitter.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ... , and get users to post scores and share them on SNS. ...

shaircast How exactly do you get useres to share their scores on SNS?

• This looks very promising, it does allow post scores to Facebook and works with CocoonJS. Hopefully Ashley this can be developed and improved on , cause the Facebook plugins are very lacking in Mobile support.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/908/facebook-share-button-php

• The above method works great for posting your games high score, I successfully posted my highscore from my android game to facebook. Only bad thing is you need a website with PHP, but on the plus side you can get them relatively cheap now days. https://www.fatcow.com/join/index.bml?AffID=742747

• Hi, what about this that i found?

http://www.apusstudio.com/2013/09/cross ... art-2.html

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)