AI Movement

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • How do I make the computer control a platformer or 8 direction types of enemies.

By defult, your keyboard/mouse is controlling them, and if you disable "Defult controlles" the enemy just can't move.

How can I make the computer control enemy movement?????

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO READ THE TUTORIAL, I ALREADY READ IT AND COULD NOT UNDERSTAND THIS PART, THAT IS WHY I'M ASKING FOR HELP!

• You want 8 direction types of enemies for AI movement, there an example is Ghost Shooter and you may modify the event while you are learning.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You use the action "8 direction: Simulate control" on a condition of your choice ("On every X seconds" for example, or "On every tick", depending on what you're wanting to do exactly).

Be sure also to check the "How do I FAQ" (link in my signature) in the section "Moving object" and "Platformer". There are several example of patrolling/moving enemies.

• Something that will be helpful is the distance(1.x,1.y,2.x,2.y) function.

You can do stuff like check if the distance between the AI Object and the player is less than 100, if it is, then increase it's max speed to make a charge for example.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)