Advice on making a race track

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • Hi All,

I'm new to Construct and have been playing around with it over the last day. I'm trying to make a racing game, a fairly simple top down racer.

I've got my car and got it moving and behaving ok, my next stage is creating a track. I've got a track to follow as a test and have set it as my background layer. But i don't want to have the track surrounded by solid objects.

For example if the car goes off the track and on to the grass it slows down but doesn't stop so it can't go as fast on the grass. Hopefully i've explained ok.

Any advice or a point in the right direction would be good.

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can check if your car is either overlapping the track and the background, or just the background. Not sure if it would work properly though.

• You would have to have different sprites for the grass and the track and then check if car is overlapping grass.

if the car is overlapping the grass accelerate -100(or other number)

make a variable grass-maximum-speed. If car speed is less or equal to grass maximum speed stop the negative acceleration. (you could also make the positive acceleration on grass less than on the track)

• Thanks for the advice.

Will hopefully be able to share something soon :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)