Ads on my Android game for CocoonJS

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • I need some help/advice on how to put Ads into my Android game. I'm publishing my game through CocoonJS and i've searched through topics on ads for CocoonJS and i'm a little confused as there seems to be various method on doing this with mixed results.

What i've done is created the following event and placed in my menu and game over event sheet as thats where i want my ads to show.

CocoonJS - Is showing banner ad - show banner ad bottom center

I've also created an event on my splash screen - End of the layout - Show full screen ad

Is this the right way to do it? I tested my game through CocoonJS launcher and banner ads didn't show up but it did show a full screen ad, but only the one time so far.

I'd appriciate some help on this as, like i mentioned before, i'm finding it a little confusing and i'm still learning, so go easy on me

Thanks

• You add events with ads and other, it's a step number 1, now you need premium account on ludei and setup mopub account and turn it on in preferences tab in exporter. Should work then.

• Ok, so is what i've done so far correct?

I'm currently in the process of applying for a premium account and I've found the following tutorial which will help me out.

https: //www.scirra. com/tutorials/1024/mopub-integrate-admob-in-your-cocoonjs-games (remove spaces)

• Ok, so is what i've done so far correct?

I'm currently in the process of applying for a premium account and I've found the following tutorial which will help me out.

https: //www.scirra. com/tutorials/1024/mopub-integrate-admob-in-your-cocoonjs-games (remove spaces)

You're on the right track, when you get your premium account just follow the tutorial steps, everything's described there.

• OK great, thanks.

I was wondering, is it possible for me to show ads on every 5th click? By this i mean i want to add a full screen ad to appear after every 5th time the player clicks the retry button after dying.

Is this possible to do?

• I've added the following event to my game over screen

Touch - On touch (retry sprite) - CocoonJS Show Full screen Ad

Touch - Has Touch 5

Would this work how i want it to? Showing a full screen ad every five retrys (clicks)?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've added the following event to my game over screen

Touch - On touch (retry sprite) - CocoonJS Show Full screen Ad

Touch - Has Touch 5

Would this work how i want it to? Showing a full screen ad every five retrys (clicks)?

No, this won't work, "Has Touch 5" means that 5 fingers touching the display at the same time. You need to add a variable to your restart button, and make this: On Touched Button - Add 1 to Button.variable, and then compare it, If Button.variable > 5 then show ad.

• OK great, thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)