Admob Question

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
AdMob Plus PRO
$12.99 USD
[ Support C3 Build service ] Native Ad, App Open Ad, Banner Ad, Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Interstitial Ad, Rewarded Ad.
  • Hello guys,

I have created a game that include some swipe menus.

The game works pretty well, but after i add the Admob Ads, the game have frame loss.

This is the implementation.

Layout 1 (Loading Layout): On loader layout complete - Admob preload banner ad

Layout 2 (The Game With the Slide): On start of layout - Show banner ad at position X and size Y

Am i doing something wrong?

Thank you!

• PS: I Export the game in Intel XDK -> Cordova

The plugin is: com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob

Maybe it helps.

• Sorry to bother, I don' t have the answer, but can someone help me? Do I need to preload the banner, when i want the banner to be shown "on the start of the layout"? And can I preload it on the 1st layout only and than use it on etc. 3rd layout?

• Bumb... Anyone?

Is there any other plugin for Ads?

Thank you!

• Let's see.. this is a test project that will make you understand what I am saying.

Slider.CAPX

I mean, if you let the Admob Ads ON, when you slide to the other screan, the game will do some frameloss, a bit laggy.

But if Admob Ads is OFF, the game works perfectly. No lag, no spikes...

So I think the Admob Ads is reducing game performance.

Am I correct?

On the PC Preview, you won't see the frameloss. You have to play this on a device.

I export the project into Intel XDK - Cordova.

Added the plugin named: The plugin is: com.cranberrygame.phonegap.plugin.ad.admob

Any help mates?

Thank you!

• Bump...

• I can't help you, I think the problem is not on AdMob call logic but maybe your game not well optimized. By the way in my game (IntelXDK///cranberrygame///the ads works pretty well) I used AdMob banners and interstitial, on interstitial side the "preload" is very important, but in banner side I just used "Show Banner" and "Hide Banner" functions (without "preload") /// In my case I used Bottom centered size Banner, not a smart///

[quote:3sfv3rhw]So I think the Admob Ads is reducing game performance

Yes, I think you right. In my new project, the AdMob "preload" step make game a little lag. I guess my trivia game was pretty simple and well optimized, so there is no lags. The new project is much more complicated and I'm pretty sure the main reason is a bad optimization of my code etc together with "preload" function make this "lags"

• For performances issues, always do refer to the performance tips and memory usage tips to make sure you implemented your project correctly in the first place.

It is possible indeed that the "smart banner" type causes some issue, since it's kind of resizing the ad "on the fly".

Last thing to do is to preview your project over wifi and profile it in the debugger to have a better clue as to what may cause the issue (rendering, CPU, etc...).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey,

Thank you for your replies.

[quote:1a269obb]I think the problem is not on AdMob call logic but maybe your game not well optimized.

The .CAPX file have only slide function and the Admob Plugin. I do not think is not optimized well. The file is almost empty.

[quote:1a269obb]It is possible indeed that the "smart banner" type causes some issue, since it's kind of resizing the ad "on the fly".

You are right. I changed to 'Banner', and it moves a bit better. Just a bit. Still have that lag/frame drops.

Other ideas?

Thank you kindly!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)