actual gameplay size

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • Hi, so i have created a game but i want to see how it will actual look like on a mobile phone. Using the local wifi method has the address bar which isn't accurate.

I am aware of the cocoon service that plays the apk file on the phone. Can i use that to determine the actual size?

thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, so i have created a game but i want to see how it will actual look like on a mobile phone. Using the local wifi method has the address bar which isn't accurate.

I am aware of the cocoon service that plays the apk file on the phone. Can i use that to determine the actual size?

thanks

Did you make sure to set Hide Address Bar to yes under your projects Configuration Settings in Construct? Other than that I found a similar thread regarding this issue specifically for Windows Phone 8 exported games. To get rid of the utility bar at the top that displays battery, wifi, etc. you simply had to look into the MainPage.XAML and change a line of code from true to false. If I remember correctly it was shell:SystemTray.IsVisible="True">. However, that is specifically for exporting to Windows Phone 8 and using Visual Studio. I'm not familiar with cocoon :( I hope this helps!

• iikii

I just did a quick test on my phone (Samsung's Note 2) and I managed to request full screen (on button touched > [Browser]request full screen) within Chrome for Android perfectly. Afterwards, I gave it a try with Samsung's own browser and I couldn't request full screen through the button. That's not a problem since I simply went to its settings > Labs > selected "Quick Controls" (hides URL bar) and "Full screen" (hides status bar). Depending on your phone's own browser you may find similar settings for when a button request from within the game doesn't help.

Also, just in case, I gave it a shot with my iPad in Safari but I couldn't request fullscreen, not even with Chrome.

Hope that helps!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)