Action Melee Attack

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Zombie attack is a survival game, where you have 2 types of games: Killer and survival.
  • Hello guys,

I recently started using Construct and I am trying to make an action game. I am getting adapted with the interface, the event sheet and such, but I can't actually find a successful way on making my Player to attack on mouse pressed (or keyboard button) and do damage to the monster.

All tutorials I came across with are only offering examples for projectile attacks, while I want to do a melee attack?

Anyone can help with it, will be appreciated :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I do not think, that there is that big of a difference.

You have to react to a collision, either from a bullet or between a sword and a bodypart. If you have a CAPX of your project to share, it makes helping easier.

• I don't actually have a specific CAPX at the moment. I am pretty much experimenting with the events so I'll know what I will be doing when I start the actual project.

After some trying, I found a way but there's one problem. I used the "on mouse press" event and the collision event with the two objects, but when I click the button, the action loops permanently and does not stop, even if I release the click. Any idea how to fix this? I tried to go with event group and deactivate it after a tick or a 0.5 seconds, but it still does not work right.

• ...and again, it is a good idea to share the CAPX

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)