About family object selection..

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • I normally use "objects in objects" instead of families, so I've run into some unexpected differences in object selection / instance picking when attempting to use them in my latest project.

+Player is overlapping family and presses Z

-> Enable family effect

This enables the effect for all objects in the family, not just the one the player is overlapping like I thought it would.

+Player is overlapping family

-> Toggle Boolean "Flash"

+Is Flash

-> Enable family Effect

+Is NOT Flash

-> Disable family Effect

And this only works 50% of the time when overlapping the first instance, and 100% of the time when overlapping all instances. And by work, I mean it makes all objects in the family flash, not just the one the player is overlapping.

I've tried a combination of "For Each" , "Pick nearest/farthest" ,and swapping the order of "player" and "family" but nothing is working - it's all objects or none. Could someone explain this to me?

• Dunno what you're doing wrong. What you describe should work.

flash.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • +Player is overlapping family and presses Z

-> Enable family effect

Works fine here on r104.

• Yeah it's uhh...not working like that in my project. Weird. Will investigate.

EDIT: Ok there were some other events I didn't notice that were interfering. The flashing works now, but the first example still affects all objects in the family instead of the one player is overlapping :\ hmm

EDIT 2: Solved. It would appear that the only way to toggle family effects on individual objects in a family is to set the parameters so that they look enabled or disabled - actually enabling or disabling the effect will affect all instances.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)