I'm looking into figuring out how to accomplish the action of a slingshot pull -> launch mechanic.
These are the steps:
1) Player mouse clicks down (holds down) on the sprite object
2) Player moves cursor away/around sprite object
3) An indicator of direction/force is shown to inform the player of what direction/how far the sprite object will travel
4) Player unclicks the mouse
5) Sprite object flies off in determined direction with indicated force
6) Sprite object bounces off of walls/objects until its velocity runs out
I want to say that I am just surprised at how far I've gotten with creating working game builds using Construct 2. I have no idea how people can use 'That other 2D game engine with the G and M words'. It just made me crazy even following a tutorial.