A Physics Question

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • Hi,

I have given a sprite a physics behaviour but for some reason it passes straight through sprites that have the solid behaviour!

My solids and physics attributed sprites are all on the same layer so i'm a bit confused..

How can i set a sprite with physics to sit atop a solid?

• The solid behaviour has nothing to do with physics. It's to be twinned together with the 'platform' behaviour.

What you want to do for those things that you gave the solid behaviour to is give them the physics behaviour and then set the 'immovable' trait to yes. This means that it's solid and won't move. Other sprites (that are not immovable of course!) will then be able to interact with it as if it were/solid/a platform/an obstacle etc.

It's not advisable to have physics and platform behaviours in the same layout really - it leads to some unpredicatable and screwy behaviour. Decide which one is going to be better for your project (physics/platform) and then run with that.

Let me know if that answers your question.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I see what your saying. I have created a 64x64px wooden crate image and split it into four parts, i'm rebuilding the crate so that when it is destroyed it will break up into it's component parts.

I can't think of any other way of doing it really..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)