4 simple questions.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • 1. Is it good to start with HD 720p/1080p project? And how is that going to affect the performance of users with a lower resolution device?

2. How to detect/calculate the user's device aspect ratio? Example, I'm working on a 16:9 project. When my game is played on a tablet which can be 4:3, how can I know that by event sheet?

3. How do I spawn an object at the middle of the current window/camera location/xy?

Edit: [Okay, I worked out this one, but please I'd like to know how you'll do it.]

4. Settings rotations of objects takes some performance as says so in the performance tutorial. Is the turret behavior's rotation as intensive as manually setting rotation via action in the event sheet?

• 1. I always start with 720p. I am nearly always developing for web browser with letterbox scale, I just find it appropriate.

2. The browser object has 'ScreenHeight' and 'ScreenWidth' values, so if the screen reslution is 1280x720, then you could work out that 1280:720 = 16:9 etc.

3. x= viewportleft + windowwidth/2

y= viewporttop + windowheight/2

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. I always start with 720p. I am nearly always developing for web browser with letterbox scale, I just find it appropriate.

2. The browser object has 'ScreenHeight' and 'ScreenWidth' values, so if the screen reslution is 1280x720, then you could work out that 1280:720 = 16:9 etc.

3. x= viewportleft + windowwidth/2

y= viewporttop + windowheight/2

Thank you.

How about the 4th question sir?

Edit: NVM about the 4th question. Thanks again! (btw, it's a yes.)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)