3,2,1 counting

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for counting pictures. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Hello,

I am trying to figure one thing. When my level/layout start I want to start typical arcade counting like "3,2,1 go" and after that objects can star moving nut before that. What is the best wait to do that?

I mean all I need to know is how to get some time at start of layer, for example few second and during this no object can move.

I cannot use "system wait" because it affects only certain condition" right?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can try to combine (be sure it�s not going to be the best idea xD) the "system wait" with a "global var".

Global var start = 0.

System wait 3sec. After that, change the global var start to 1, and wrap everythingelse in a "if conditional" in which you check the value of "start". If "start" is not 0, you can move or do what you want.

• If you want a countdown, you can set a variable on 3 and, using the "Every x seconds" condition, subtract 1 from the variable every second.

Now you can use that variable to show the 3, 2, 1, go countdown with your sprites or plain text.

• sirLobito That works, but I think using a group would be neater :)

Make a variable - Countdown - with default value 3.

Create a text - txt_Countdown - make it say 3 for convenience

Put all your controls into a Group,

At the start of the layout, disable the entire group

"Every x seconds"

• Subtract 1 from Countdown
    • Set txt_Countdown to Countdown
    • Activate your group of controls
  • Yeah Rory!

I�m the gears behind the "group" are a huge if, jajajaja, but, yes, that�s more clever, thx ;)!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)