[TUTORIAL] Upload your iOS game to App Store using intel XDK

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • Does IAP work with this method?

• adagar what method?

• I was wonder does anyone have any sound issues? I can get my game on my phone but I can only get the sound to work once. Then the next time I open my game it has no sounds. Any thoughts or build settings I might have missed?

• I have never had a problem with sound issue when exporting. What sound issues are you facing?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ondraayyy, Thanks for the tutorial! This would definitely help me publish on the App Store!

Although I haven't tried it yet myself and still have to sign up for the $99/yr Apple dev account, I'm wondering. Can I export my project as a Cordova file on windows, copy the generated folder to my mac and use Intel XDK to export the project? Or is it more complicated than that? Thanks again in advance!

• Superb post, as a result I've entered the final stages of testing my game ('A Skyrocket Story') on iOS.

cheers!

http://johnwilliamevelyn.tumblr.com/askyrocketstory

• Thanks!

• Hi!

Thanks for the tutorial it's very helpful. I did everything as it should be, and get ipa file. I can install it on any devise and download to the iTunes connect. But after download is over, I get this from The App Store team:

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Delicious Sorting". Your delivery was successful, but you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery:

Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to include API used to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. See "Provisioning and Development" in the Local and Push Notification Programming Guide for more information. If your app does not use the Apple Push Notification service, no action is required. You may remove the API from future submissions to stop this warning. If you use a third-party framework, you may need to contact the developer for information on removing the API.

After you’ve corrected the issues, you can use Xcode or Application Loader to upload a new binary to iTunes Connect.

Any thoughts how to solve this? Cuz, I do not have any push notifications in the game.

Thanks.

• ondraayyy awesome tutorial!! I recently bought the Apple Dev account and borrowed a iPad for testing. I dont own a Mac (have a friend with one!)

I followed all the steps, now I am trying to build my game using Intel XDK , but after I click green "build" button I get the following error

[quote:20k4dxtg]

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:

CompileC build/Last\ of\ the\ Survivors.build/Release-iphoneos/Last\ of\ the\ Survivors.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Admob.o Last\ of\ the\ Survivors/Plugins/cordova-plugin-ad-admob/Admob.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler

CompileC build/Last\ of\ the\ Survivors.build/Release-iphoneos/Last\ of\ the\ Survivors.build/Objects-normal/armv7/AdmobOverlap.o Last\ of\ the\ Survivors/Plugins/cordova-plugin-ad-admob/AdmobOverlap.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler

CompileC build/Last\ of\ the\ Survivors.build/Release-iphoneos/Last\ of\ the\ Survivors.build/Objects-normal/armv7/AdmobSplit.o Last\ of\ the\ Survivors/Plugins/cordova-plugin-ad-admob/AdmobSplit.m normal armv7 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler

(3 failures)

Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,.../LastoftesurvivorsV4/platforms/ios/cordova/build-release.xcconfig,-project,Last of the Survivors.xcodeproj,ARCHS=armv7 armv7s arm64,-target,Last of the Survivors,-configuration,Release,-sdk,iphoneos,build,VALID_ARCHS=armv7 armv7s arm64,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=.../LastoftesurvivorsV4/platforms/ios/build/device,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=.../LastoftesurvivorsV4/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

Command finished with error code 2: .../LastoftesurvivorsV4/platforms/ios/cordova/build --release,--device

ERROR building one of the platforms: Error: .../LastoftesurvivorsV4/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 2

You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project

I am using CLI 5.1.1 (CW15), do you know if this is the issue?Should I downgrade to 4.x.x? Also do I need a MAC to build the game?

• Thanks for the tutorial!

I got to the point where I successfully created the ipa file with XDK, and I would like to add this:

There seems to be a bug with XDK where it doesn't see the Cordova Media plugin. My build would fail (media plugin not seen), and then I'd build again (didn't do anything at all just another try) and it would build fine. Of course, this didn't always happen, and sometimes I'd have to close XDK, reopen and then it would work. OR, unload the media plug in, reload, close XDK, open, and then it would work. It's very aggravating and time consuming.

Now I'm testing my app on my iPad and all is well. My only question is that when I go into settings, I'll see my app in the usage area (with the little icon), but I don't see it in the setting app list with all the other apps. I do see something that is called "null" which is probably my app, so how do I get the settings to see the name, and icon? I'm pretty sure if I send this to iTunes connect it would fail because of this.

• ondraayyy

The in-app work is not working in my IPA. I just get it in the APK. Could you give me some help to fix it? I'm using the cranberry IAP plugin and I created all the IAP items in the iTunes connect, including the consumables, but it doesn't work. Thanks in advance for any help.

• i'm also using it but it crash my app becasue of the 'request store listing' action line

• The IAP, iAd, and Gamecenter objects from C2 do not display in the test/debugging on my device. Also there is no sound in my game. I have imported both .ogg files and . m4a files into my game at C2 but neither are being played. Help?

• syavah Did you move your issue? I am getting the same issue. What do they mean by push notification? Thanks.

• ondraayyy I have been testing on my own iPhone by installing the ipa directly. I want to allow others to test via TestFlight. Do I need to create a different provisioning file/certificate to do this? Also, if I am allowing the player to post to facebook and Twitter, do I need to enable Push notifications with the Apple id? (Surprised there isn't a TestFlight tutorial on here.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)