Xbox controller- is this a bug?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • I fired up an old project, and I noticed that I still have an issue getting controls to work at the start.

The analog sticks, d-pad, and even the start button do not work until I press a button like "A" on the controller.

This seems to be an issue only when starting the game from scratch. I made a temp title screen and pressed A on the controller to move to the first level, and the controls still worked. So, I guess moving from layout to layout is fine. It's just when starting the game for the first time that this happens.

I remember this being brought up, but that thread is like 2 years old. I'm using the old Xbox wired controller. It's worked fine for games (non-Construct games), and I've used it quite a bit. I can see this being annoying for some things. For example, what would I put on the title screen, "press any button except start to start"?

So, is there a fix to this? Should I make a bug report?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • From the manual:

To prevent allowing websites to track you by your available controllers, most browsers supporting Gamepad input will report that there are no controllers connected until a button is pressed on one of the devices.

• For example, what would I put on the title screen, "press any button except start to start"?

Just put "press A to start"...

• Hmm, well if that's the case, I guess it's not a bug. I guess I missed that part in the manual.

But if I say press A to start, what if they are using another controller? A ps3 controller has "X" where the A button is, whereas "Start" is pretty universal across controllers. I guess it's not a huge deal, but I may have to live with it.

• you could say press any button. must people will understand you mean face button

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)