Would this be possible?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi guys

Would it be possible to wrap (using Cocoon JS or another wrapper) an entire website (including C2 games) as an app for mobile?

Basically, I'm thinking of creating a mobile version of my site, which would have several c2 games on it. I would like to wrap the website, and give people free updates, when new games come out. I've seen similar apps made by a few of the html5 portals.

Just throwing around ideas here, but I'm wondering if something like this would work?

Thank you for any feedback

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi guys

Would it be possible to wrap (using Cocoon JS or another wrapper) an entire website (including C2 games) as an app for mobile?

I think it would and you should have a variety of options if they still work:

The 1st option would be the use of THIS plugin called "IFrame".

With that you can load webpages and do other neat things, you should watch out for limitations though.

The 2nd option would be to use the browser plugin or run javascript code to go to a website at the start of a layout,

you might have to include the "webbrowser" cordova plugin (easier than it sounds, trust me on that regard).

I remember these working for me about ~2 years ago, so there might have been made breaking changes.

• Hi TheRealDannyyy

Thank you for the ideas!

What about just wrapping a folder structure?

For example, I create an index.html outside of C2, with thumbnails linking to games, then include folders with several C2 games - then inside the games I provide a button to go back to the index.html?

• Hi TheRealDannyyy

For example, I create an index.html outside of C2, with thumbnails linking to games, then include folders with several C2 games - then inside the games I provide a button to go back to the index.html?

No problem Ninjadoodle, glad I could give you a general direction on how to do this.

I'm sure that you could do something like that, Intel XDK is not only for C2 games after all.

However I don't really know much about the process of embedding a website into an app but I'm sure that it is possible.

You might want to wait a little while for people with more experience in doing that and start Google'ing by yourself until then.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)