WKWebView WebStorage can be cleaned by iOS8

0 favourites
  • Thanks for letting us know. It sounds like an issue that will impact a lot of people. Keep us in the loop!

• Hello

About 20 minutes ago i got an email from ludei, an answer to a question here, it seems that this issue is fixed. Please reply here if it's really fixed, and if old webstorage data is not missing after recompile, when you try it.

• So, webview+ is basically ludei's cordova based build service, right? So it's comparable to crosswalk? How does it run on android 4.x devices?

Sometimes all these export options get my head spinning a bit...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sisyphus

It's only for CJS 2.1.1 which is not useable due to a nasty bug with WebStorage (LocalStorage) being reset at each start up. I don't even know how they got it through QA.

Only CJS 2.1 is good, I hope they put that fix into 2.1 until they figure out whats wrong with 2.1.1 clearing save data.

WebView+ for Android is similar to Crosswalk, but without the option for 3rd party plugin integration as easily.

• Sisyphus

It's only for CJS 2.1.1 which is not useable due to a nasty bug with WebStorage (LocalStorage) being reset at each start up. I don't even know how they got it through QA.

Only CJS 2.1 is good, I hope they put that fix into 2.1 until they figure out whats wrong with 2.1.1 clearing save data.

WebView+ for Android is similar to Crosswalk, but without the option for 3rd party plugin integration as easily.

You tried it? Webstorage still cleared on every startup? I can't understand what they fixed then. They fixed the "clear on low memory" bug, but not fixed "clear on startup", right?

• > Sisyphus

> It's only for CJS 2.1.1 which is not useable due to a nasty bug with WebStorage (LocalStorage) being reset at each start up. I don't even know how they got it through QA.

>

> Only CJS 2.1 is good, I hope they put that fix into 2.1 until they figure out whats wrong with 2.1.1 clearing save data.

>

> WebView+ for Android is similar to Crosswalk, but without the option for 3rd party plugin integration as easily.

>

You tried it? Webstorage still cleared on every startup? I can't understand what they fixed then. They fixed the "clear on low memory" bug, but not fixed "clear on startup", right?

It's probably unrelated since it may be a specific issue with the WebStorage plugin, as in, CJS didn't test C2 WebStorage but test their own LocalStorage. Just remember that CJS is used for many different engines, not just C2.

They broke compatibility with C2's WebStorage plugin in 2.1.1.

Crosswalk also have a WebStorage bug in their beta build 10, which they found and should be fixed soon.

• It's probably unrelated since it may be a specific issue with the WebStorage plugin, as in, CJS didn't test C2 WebStorage but test their own LocalStorage. Just remember that CJS is used for many different engines, not just C2.

They broke compatibility with C2's WebStorage plugin in 2.1.1

They post to another thread that the c2 webstorage problems are fixed, looks like not all problems. Anyway, thanks for the reply.

• Sisyphus

one week ago I have compiled my APK using CocoonJS 2.1.1 + plugin for C2

and I use 'Webstorage' plugin too - and everything is working fine

• Sisyphus

one week ago I have compiled my APK using CocoonJS 2.1.1 + plugin for C2

and I use 'Webstorage' plugin too - and everything is working fine

WebView+ or Canvas+?

Actually, I'm taking about iOS8+ where WebView+ uses WKWebView and not APK for Android.

• according to ludei WebStorage issue in WebView+ was already fixed

• ahh, so there are 2 different issues,

one was fixed

and other is still waiting

• > Sisyphus

>

> one week ago I have compiled my APK using CocoonJS 2.1.1 + plugin for C2

> and I use 'Webstorage' plugin too - and everything is working fine

>

WebView+ or Canvas+?

Actually, I'm taking about iOS8+ where WebView+ uses WKWebView and not APK for Android.

Webstorage works fine with Canvas+ - can confirm this also.

Let's hope Ludei fixes the Webview+ soon so you can update your game!

• Yup, as soon as they manage to fix the LocalStorage issue and add AdMob for WKWebView, we're good* to go for iOS with even very complex games.

*The micro-stutter is at a level that's acceptable for most players in my experience. I've got many correspondents on TouchArcade forums and even a few reviewers commented on how fluid combat and touch response is on iOS.

• Yup, as soon as they manage to fix the LocalStorage issue and add AdMob for WKWebView, we're good* to go for iOS with even very complex games.

*The micro-stutter is at a level that's acceptable for most players in my experience. I've got many correspondents on TouchArcade forums and even a few reviewers commented on how fluid combat and touch response is on iOS.

Lol, i got an email, they just have a little mistake, they fixed the "clear on startup" bug, but not fixed clear on low memory. So, you can recompile your game with 2.1.1

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)