will construct3 be as strong as unity??

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Construct 3 Plugin Unity Ads, Banner, Interstitial Ads, Video (Support C3 build service)
  • >

> But it isn't, evidently, as you already mention. HTML5 games just doesn't cut it (yet?) when it comes to a "smooth" experience, native exporters feel more "snappy" and responsive.

>

Only for a few of the broken Chromium versions. NW 10.5 is very smooth and snappy.

Did you guys hear about 2K Games's Bioshock on iOS? It was removed. The recent iOS update broke the game. O_o

So it's not just us little guys that get screwed over for problems created by Apple or Google.

10.5 was still not as smooth as cc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can anyone provide an example of this lack of smoothness? Latency is near perfect in my experience.

• Aphrodite

I also don't know why it seems that they don't really bother about supporting PC games. C2 also fail hard on mobile due to lack of performance. So,imo, C2 don't grow more because of this. While it's a super nice and powerful software, it fails on getting the game a nice performance and support to export it. And I think that mobile games scenario for c2 is the worse because for Pc you can rely on the fact that PC, in general, has a really good hardware... good enough to make poor performance get unnoticed most of the time.

I'm working in a PC game project, with plans to, someday, release it on steam and some other platforms, so I keep wondering all the time if the game will be possible after months, even after exporting using NW 10.5 and compiling it.

>

> >

> > But it isn't, evidently, as you already mention. HTML5 games just doesn't cut it (yet?) when it comes to a "smooth" experience, native exporters feel more "snappy" and responsive.

> >

>

> Only for a few of the broken Chromium versions. NW 10.5 is very smooth and snappy.

>

> Did you guys hear about 2K Games's Bioshock on iOS? It was removed. The recent iOS update broke the game. O_o

>

> So it's not just us little guys that get screwed over for problems created by Apple or Google.

>

10.5 was still not as smooth as cc.

Some of you guys have launched any game on steam?If so which compiler did you use and how is it's performance?

• Pretty sure there are no CC games on Steam.

Then again they haven't shown how they did the "snappy" comparisons to get to those conclusions.

• I don't have a comparision, thought I see the difference with my own eyes. But if I remember correctly Jayjay was the one who has made an example with dots.

• Pretty sure there are no CC games on Steam.

Then again they haven't shown how they did the "snappy" comparisons to get to those conclusions.

Yes there is, and it runs better than the majority of (desktop) C2 games I've ever played (including my own): http://store.steampowered.com/app/396640/

megatronx Might or might not have been mine, but I remember some examples of it too in a thread about people wanting native export. Not saying I demand native export, that has been discussed enough to know it's not happening but Vulkan GL, Emscripten, and ASM.JS are all things that might really help Construct games run smoothly in HTML5 (plus the improving support of new hardware over time too).

• Here is another cc game on steam made by Macbee

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =397964543

• Some of you guys have launched any game on steam? If so which compiler did you use and how is it's performance?

I've got a release on Steam with C2, NW 10.5, nobody has complaint about lack of smoothness. It runs 60 fps locked, even on pretty old hardware. Most of the complaints are due to game-balance (too hard mostly).

C2 is perfectly capable of running a very fast paced arcade racer smoothly:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332250/

C2 is also perfectly capable of running a very complex game smoothly:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =513945382

The most annoying thing for PC build is in fact we still have to rely on NW 10.5 because Steam GreenWorks doesn't get updated.

• Jayjay

As long as it was taking I didn't think he would finish it.

There are no current benchmarks of CC vs C2, and obviously some parts will be better than others, but they still have to be compared equally in terms of event logic, like identical games, but I don't see anyone mentioning any tests.

• >

> Some of you guys have launched any game on steam? If so which compiler did you use and how is it's performance?

>

I've got a release on Steam with C2, NW 10.5, nobody has complaint about lack of smoothness. It runs 60 fps locked, even on pretty old hardware. Most of the complaints are due to game-balance (too hard mostly).

C2 is perfectly capable of running a very fast paced arcade racer smoothly:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/332250/

C2 is also perfectly capable of running a very complex game smoothly:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =513945382

The most annoying thing for PC build is in fact we still have to rely on NW 10.5 because Steam GreenWorks doesn't get updated.

And I just don't know why because C2 is able to make any 2D games. It's powerful and we have good selling platforms that facilitates for all of us. Steam is a mother for indie devs and a huge "self-publishing-promoting-InsertMore" with almost any need to pay. I don't understand why. It should be treated as a more importantly thing because why would someone care about invest so much time and effort to complete a good and polished game for PC if, in the end, scirra doesn't fully support the integration with the biggest selling platform for PC?

• I am afraid that c2 will be seen as a Newgrounds game editor because of limitations like this... cripes, this plugin was beta a year ago and not only doesn't work it also appears unsupported....?! GameMaker and Clickteam products have inbuilt Steam API functionality...

• And I just don't know why because C2 is able to make any 2D games. It's powerful and we have good selling platforms that facilitates for all of us. Steam is a mother for indie devs and a huge "self-publishing-promoting-InsertMore" with almost any need to pay. I don't understand why. It should be treated as a more importantly thing because why would someone care about invest so much time and effort to complete a good and polished game for PC if, in the end, scirra doesn't fully support the integration with the biggest selling platform for PC?

That has been a concern of mine for awhile as well as many others.

But it isn't totally broke yet. We just have to jump a lot of hoops to get it to function on Steam.

• Colludium

I'd love to see an answer from Asheley about this

• C2 use javacscript

but unity use c# so unity can export to enything even javascript (unity 5 and export to html5 is sooooo much powerfull and sooo above c2 just see angry robot html5 example from unity, its 3d and have a great performance)

• Pssst, hey mahdi71, everything uses c, but don't tell anyone, it's our little secret.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)