Why you use C2? List of other engines.

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_game_engines

Me, I like event sheet and i can't script in the moment.

• Quick and easy to have a prototype up and running. I'm a hoarder so I have a few of the others also.

• I use it because there's a minimum of technicalities to have to deal with so I can just get on with the good stuff. I've tried some others too: Unity, BlitzMax, and Monkey-X. Unity is a convoluted mess (imo), while the other two are very nice. None of them as fast or intuitive to work with as C2 tho.

• html5 is one of the main reasons I use C2, I do not want native (most engines have native first, and html5 as a more or less broken feature, C2 has only html5 so clearly it was a win for me), the behaviors makes prototyping clean and quick and easy, the event system is just done in a way I can understand without isssues and with 0 risk of syntax error or losing time due to some ; I'd have forgotten.

Game maker was just... not for me, unity is something I still don't understand why anyone would use it for 2D, fusion 2.5 would be fine 10 to 20 years ago, but now it just feel outdated, and direct coding is just not something I like.

• I use C2 because:

• It's easy to learn and use.
    • It's updated frequently.
    • It's based on HTML, yet, I can make games with it for any platforms (using wrappers).
    • C2 is a powerful engine. It's easy to do prototypes in, but if you want to make a complete, serious game, nothing stops you.
    • Scirra has a great policy and I like the way they treat the community.
  • ...because it's awesome

• Before i started to use Construct 2, i used Unity. Because i'm familiar with programming in c#. I really like unity but it's too expensive if you wan't to use it for commercial purposes. Now i'm learning Javascript and HTML5 in combination with Construct 2 wich is really nice.

• Because I don't want to have to learn coding! I like the interface and it lets me focus on my strong points more - art and music.

• I have programmed with Lua (Corona) which was very good but limited by the lack of a visual editor. GMS, MMF and Stencyl are not as well maintained as C2 but they each have their strengths.... Unity was just too complicated for my needs and the time I had available to master the editor (as a quick aside, 3D requires a whole extra set of graphics skills as well). Meanwhile, GDevelop is fast but frustratingly less flexible than C2.... The only other option I'm keeping an eye on is Godot, which is community managed but it's not code free. C2 allows me to get things done quickly and no other game creation tool offers results so quickly - especially important if you enjoy the journey as much as the destination.

• ...because it's awesome

SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE!

• > ...because it's awesome

>

Set-Cookie: LSID=AAAAACDCAA...1FFFFF; Path=/accounts; Expires=Wed, 12 Jan 2025 22:44:01 GMT; Secure; HttpOnly

• [quote:3r28322o]303Mark wrote:

[quote:3r28322o]PopperOfCorn wrote:

[quote:3r28322o]TheWyrm wrote:

...because it's awesome

Set-Cookie: LSID=AAAAACDCAA...1FFFFF; Path=/accounts; Expires=Wed, 12 Jan 2025 22:44:01 GMT; Secure; HttpOnly

OM NOM NOM NOM!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Because I don't want to have to learn coding! I like the interface and it lets me focus on my strong points more - art and music.

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1...

I have to learn because of 3D-Engine(s)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)