Why C2 sometimes behaves weird during collisions?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • I have an actor that walks and changes it's direction on collision with a wall. Well, it works as expected, but sometimes actor might stuck in a wall, or move out of playfield. It's happening actually really randomly (after 10 - 1000+ collisions). I don't change the speed (which is slow ~30 units), just reversing of the direction. The risk of missing collisions increases when the computer is recovering after sleep mode or during resizing a window.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Without a .capx, it is nearly impossible to determine.

Have you followed the recommended way for sprite movement and collisions, whereby you would use a dummy sprite with the platform behaviour and perform collision testing on that. The animations are attached to the invisible sprite.

If not, then when a character animates, it can easily animate into an object, which can exhibit strange issues.

• I upload my coloring book on arcade and simple sprites arent displayed on layout, this is weird

• [quote:vqpruejz]Have you followed the recommended way for sprite movement and collisions, whereby you would use a dummy sprite with the platform behaviour and perform collision testing on that. The animations are attached to the invisible sprite.

No, I haven't, but will try. Thanks.

Hm.. my sprites don't change collision shape in animations. Ok, anyway I gonna try to spot the problem in simple test capx first.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)