Who wants CocoonJS support back?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • Which options are you talking about?

PhoneGap with an app limitation of 15MB?

Ejecta which just shows me a blackscreen?

CocoonJS also offers a really nice way to debug games with the launcher. As an iOs developer this is awesome! Exporting an app to the mac, decompile it etc takes about 20 - 30 Minutes!

CocoonJS is fantastic, but the folks behind it are not up to par. Suddenly they are making an effort because they got depreciated, and there is talk outside of C2 to follow C2 example... and in 6 months, phonegap is going to be the goto option.

The games I am developing are in development for a year or more... I would love CocoonJS to pull a rabbit out a hat, I hope they do, but based on their track record... I'm not sold, not convinced they will be dependable.

Sidenote: For Android: Crosswalk is freaking awesome.

Phonegap is around 6 months away from being front runner.

CocoonJS is currently front runner, but they need a rabbit out the hat drastically to stay there.

Ejecta (not really an option, unfortunately)

• Great news indeed, thanks for the link ArcadEd it's an interesting read.

Despite other peoples success with Xwalk, we still find our apps perform far better on CJS. So we're happy to see Ludei making an effort to get things back on track. We'll certainly be watching their progress carefully.

• Everyone here knows CocoonJS has it's flaws, but until PhoneGap is running 60fps with full Game Center support and all the Apple users have switched to iOS8, I have NO other option as an iOS-dev.

Also this is business, so I do not take things personally. That means I do not care about the reasons behind this newfound interest in C2. As long as things work, I am content and keep using their service.

• Everyone here knows CocoonJS has it's flaws, but until PhoneGap is running 60fps with full Game Center support and all the Apple users have switched to iOS8, I have NO other option as an iOS-dev.

Also this is business, so I do not take things personally. That means I do not care about the reasons behind this newfound interest in C2. As long as things work, I am content and keep using their service.

What is your solution to the 15MB app size limitation?

• What is your solution to the 15MB app size limitation?

I think it's 200mb with a premium account - plenty for a serious, medium-sized mobile game. And as far as I recall, when I wasn't a premium user it was 30mb, not 15mb.

Get a premium account or build locally for the really big games.

Yup, I have a premium account. Also, I try to keep games under 100mb too, so that people can dl them without wifi.

I make small mobile games, so that is fine. When in Rome...

• I have a 100MB game and don't want to purchase anything without being 100% it's working

• I have a 100MB game and don't want to purchase anything without being 100% it's working

The premium account is also free and the limit is 200mb. You can apply from the Ludei site.

That 100mb I was talking about is just the limit App Store has, anything above that and the user must be connected to wifi to download.

• I have a Ludei premium account I was talking about the phonegap limitation.

• > Everyone here knows CocoonJS has it's flaws, but until PhoneGap is running 60fps with full Game Center support and all the Apple users have switched to iOS8, I have NO other option as an iOS-dev.

>

> Also this is business, so I do not take things personally. That means I do not care about the reasons behind this newfound interest in C2. As long as things work, I am content and keep using their service.

>

What is your solution to the 15MB app size limitation?

I couls be wrong, but I am pretty sure this limitation only applies to the phonegap build service, and so building locally would not have this issue. (Also another issue people had in the past, building in the cloud only for cocoonJS, not sure if that changed)

• ArcadEd, Vuuv,

We are working on the pricing models in which it will be included the one to remove the Splash. Meanwhile, if you still want to remove Ludei's Splash, you can send an email to: sales[at]ludei.com and they will help you .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ludei

From my point of view the plugin is missing following plugin options.

-Post/invite from Facebook / Twitter

-Game Center / Google Play Games Service

-Local notifications

-Analytics

Until those are included CJS doesn’t have all the things it needs from construct2 developers. Yes, the plugin is opensource. Yes, somebody else could do it… but fully supporting means you should do it for C2 users.

• I'm for XDK and Crosswalk all the way. Would have liked to have smaller file sizes, but we can't have it all. My projects didn't run well under cocoonJS at all. Went over to crosswalk and although not quite there yet it works a lot better for me. and now we got ads an IAP.

• I posted new documentation for an alternative way to publish on the OUYA.

https://github.com/ouya/docs/blob/master/construct_2.md

Subscribe to Construct videos now

You drop an OuyaSDK object on to your layout. Make sure you used Gamepad.GetRawAxis. You can use Google Canary debug remotely from your desktop while it runs remotely on the OUYA.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)