Where are we at with android export and ouya

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • How close are we to getting a game to work on the ouya console. As far as I know cocoon.js isn't quite there. But beyond the controller will the game essentially work?

• I've been wondering the same thing. I am working on a game I hope to release on Ouya.

• I'm also interested in reading about the Scirra team's experiences with Ouya!

Scirra Team: Are you planning to release a blog entry reviewing Ouya? It will be highly appreciated!

• ok, well here is what is happening as I know it

rfisher(C2) is working on a PhoneGap plugin. I've heard it's in the works and coming along, but nothing ready for release.

JameS327(Ouya dev forums) is also working on a PhoneGap controller plugin. It's also coming along, but no word as to what sate it's in. I've suggested that they pool there effort and resources. No word on that either.

As for CJS. The problem isn't performance. It's that CJS crashes on the Ouya. With that there doesn't seem to be any reason to push CJS further until new news comes. I've asked Ludie on the forums, and while interested they haven't shown any enthusiasm to have it ready by early April :( I've asked the Ouya team to see if they can nudge them, and mentioned they would, but I haven't heard anything as of yet.

As for PhoneGap. We are waiting on the news from Lorenbeer? who is working on a plugin for PhoneGap called Pender. Pender design is to give PhoneGap an accelerated Canvas. So with rfisher and hopefully Pender ready by late March we might have a build profile for C2 to the Ouya.

As for myself. I've been tinkering with GameClosure, but am having problems with getting the right Canvas for C2 to use on an android device. Also the GameClosure support is seriously lacking. GC has a 9 man team where as Scirra with it's 3 man team replies 30 times the amount.

As for Scirra. I haven't heard anything from Scirra in regards to working with the Ouya. Honestly I think that for except a small internet niche most don't really have any interest in the Ouya. It's no IOS or standard Android so most are sorta meh :(

I feel however I'm sure we will have something cobbled together by early April :)

• There's not much for us to say. It's an Android platform, and our Android support is done through CocoonJS, so it's almost entirely up to ludei to support it.

• Perhaps we should reach out to ouya to see if some of that kick starter money can help us get games on there. If c2 can easily deploy games on the system it would be a major advantage because there will be more games. The more games, the better the system.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Perhaps we should reach out to ouya to see if some of that kick starter money can help us get games on there. If c2 can easily deploy games on the system it would be a major advantage because there will be more games. The more games, the better the system.

Absolutely :)

Please share you voice :)

A plea to Boxer8

"There's not much for us to say. It's an Android platform, and our Android support is done through CocoonJS, so it's almost entirely up to ludei to support it."

I understand that point. C2 doesn't run on Android, it's wrapped. As a wrapper is the path to go. CJS is the best, too bad it crashes on Ouya :( However The Kickstarter Ouyas are going to start shipping March 28. So us developers have until early April to finish our projects and hopefully CJS or the PhoneGap plugins to be ready :)

• I just noticed an OUYA export option in the CocoonJS cloud compiler, is this what we are waiting for?

edit: looks like cocoonjs 1.4.4 is live with OUYA support blog.ludei.com/cocoonjs-1-4-4

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)