- What you want in C2 for 2015 -

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • This may have been suggested already.

It would be great to be able to drag and reorder event sheets like you can with layouts.

It would just be a nice way to help with organizing, especially if you are working with a lot of layouts and event sheets.

• I've not read all the thread, so sorry if i say something someone already said.

I would like a tool, or an option, to clean the projects, in code (to get rid of the global variables that are not used for example), and in the folders (to be able to get rid of all the sprites that are not used at all in the project, for example).

• Save Event Sheets and Layout tab positions (and screen split)
    • Auto-open related Event Sheet when opening a Layout (as an Option)
  • Oh, and by the way, a preview of the sprite sheets into Construct would be nice, to not have to export to see if everything is ok .

• I just started using C2 (2,3 months) and must say alot of times i find myself with post from 2012 that have some kind of list, plugin etc.. and last update is 2013... - maybe its still working, i should download, export, port to crosswalk and test it on mobile device...

2015:

1. No leaderboard/highscore Complete Tutorial/Support = 1 Solution/Tutorial for all platforms WEB,IOS,APK,NODE...

2. Didnt find Good/Complete Details how to make nice scroll box with images and text (in game tutorial)

3. Maybe someone that have Bookmarked 101010 links make Forum easy to find all.. - i find it, but after alot of time and alot of dggin...

• Honestly, I love c2, but I think architecture could be greatly improved upon. I want to see better scalability, plugins from event sheets, a real option for those who like scripting, modding of core files, and the like.

I know c2 is made by a small team, and so my comparison to unity is never fair. But it is worth pointing out all the things that make one environment great and another okay.

I sure would like to see export that isn't html5 and jscript...

Mostly I want all this because I like c2, but I can only use it to make small games/prototypes. There is too many issues with jank (I know these aren't all c2's fault) but jscript kinda sucks for games.

I'm in nomatter what, but here's hoping for c3 (and not 3d c2, but a better construct for 2d game dev)

• > enable/disable collisions of solids by Pick

> What i mean is that you can set- that specific sprite instances (enemy AI or players) ignore collision with specific solid objects

>

I second this! A white/blacklist would be so helpful. I have a platformer project that could really use this feature.

+1

• Oh, 12 pages... I don't read every page, so i hope i dont repeat when i wish:

• > Pin-Object with Destroy-Function!
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Browser to add bookmark for functions you use all the time, so you dont have to search everytime to use it.

• Add reliable path finding, it have been bugged/broken for as long as i remember sadly

• Add reliable path finding, it have been bugged/broken for as long as i remember sadly

Also platform pathfinding, and some basic, but expandable, AI for major behaviors.

• Well if C2 dev is to continue it should not get new features added - well not just yet.

I love C2, and really think Scirra are talented and awesome!

But some of what is already present in this awesome engine needs some TLC.

So my 2 cents:

No more features, just fix what is currently broken, and improve the current feature set. Better to have a few features that are completely debugged and working as intended, than many features that have minor bugs, or need improvements. Do this until the engine as it currently stands is rock solid, then start adding more features....
  • Xbox Kinect with Construct 2..... a dreammnnnnm....

• Object filtering to event editor, so the editor would show only related events.

--> Select object and editor shows only events that is related to that object...

Or high lighting related events by selecting object from object list.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)