- What you want in C2 for 2015 -

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • Godot i didn't know. This program based on scripting. Scripting is a problem for me, i have to learn. Blendergameengine (basic) is simpler but phyton script is difficult? Every 3D program is based on scripting. Q3D compare with blender, do you really think q3D is better? Blender examples: yo Frankie! Super Blender Galaxy. Orbito.

glerikud

• > For me:

> ... 1) Instance methods or pass object instance ref into functions

> .

>

I do that using Params, and I pass object UID, then I pick object by UID within function

I'm already doing this. Not the same thing. I'm looking for something better and I'm pretty sure it's never gonna happen

• >

> > For me:

> > ... 1) Instance methods or pass object instance ref into functions

> > .

> >

>

> I do that using Params, and I pass object UID, then I pick object by UID within function

>

I'm already doing this. Not the same thing. I'm looking for something better and I'm pretty sure it's never gonna happen

Ok, could you explain what you meant then. Made me curious.

• Godot i didn't know. This program based on scripting. Scripting is a problem for me, i have to learn. Blendergameengine (basic) is simpler but phyton script is difficult? Every 3D program is based on scripting. Q3D compare with blender, do you really think q3D is better? Blender examples: yo Frankie! Super Blender Galaxy. Orbito.

Eventually you can't avoid scripting with professional 3D engines. There are alternatives coming up, like Q3D, CopperCube or Spark Game Engine, but they'll all have to reach a stage where they can challange the better and currently widespread engines. I'm not saying witch one is better (Blender or Q3D), because I haven't used them for game creation yet. If you want to stick with C2, then I guess Q3D is a better bet for you. But in my opinion Unity is not that hard either, so you should check out their video tutorials here.

• PixelRebirth

You didn't understand what i meant.

• The ability to clone, delete, load, and save individual layouts during game execution.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • glerikud

You worked with unreal engine 4 or/and cryengine too? You work with unity free version or pro? I wanna know which one of these is easy to learn and offer better conditions.

I bought leadwerks engine but i don't use it because of lua script.

function App:Start()

System:Print("Hello world.")

end

Instruction = Funktion

Empty () and then write what should happen (Print hello world)

If this is everything i need to know then scripting is easy to learn.

• glerikud

You worked with unreal engine 4 or/and cryengine too? You work with unity free version or pro? I wanna know which one of these is easy to learn and offer better conditions.

I'm currently learning Unity3D free version, and based on the tutorials I've linked in my previous post, it's not that hard (especially if you have some programming knowledge already). From the Unreal Engine, Cryengine and Unity trio, the easiest one is of course Unity. The other 2 was meant for big companies who have tons of programmers (you can still manage with them too, but they are harder). Unity is one of those ultimate indie tools whitch are powerful and easy to learn. If you want to talk about it more, let's continue it in PMs, because this topic is not about 3D engines

• PixelRebirth

You didn't understand what i meant.

Hey, I cited you because you were rightfully stating that C2 is for 2D and it shouldn't be competing with Unity. I basically agreed with you and vented a bit of my own annoyment that 3D keeps getting brought up.

So I do hope I understood just fine.

• I'd love for Scirra to take more controls on the exported game. With all the recent problems on node webkit and the other wrappers, that side of the whole game is too prone to go bad.

Though the idea of auto updating webviews is nice, the risk that a broken update, without the ability to roll back, is too big. I don't want to have to deal with the mistakes of a third party when my game wasn't in need of an update.

This could be achieved by bundling (or providing a correct link and information) a well tested and working version of nodewebkit for desktop and update only after extensive testing. For mobile the situation is more troublesome for now.

As for the future, I think they should start thinking into taking real control of the rendering/input/networking part of the engine.

Haxe is a real candidate as it provides ways to have different native targets. One of the haxe frameworks, snowkit ( http://snowkit.org/ ) is heavily based on webgl standards and deploys to windows, mac, linux, ios, android in native and to webgl too.

please have a look as it has 3 layers to it:

• flow, for building and deploying projects
    • snow, the low level part of the engine providing what scirra looks for in a render browser
    • luxe, the high level framework

This is the killer combo I think we're all looking for.

My 2c

Gian

• ...Haxe is a real candidate as it provides ways to have different native targets. One of the haxe frameworks, snowkit ( http://snowkit.org/ ) is heavily based on webgl standards and deploys to windows, mac, linux, ios, android in native and to webgl too.

I'm not sure how Scirra could do anything with Haxe, but if they can, please do so. Haxe is good framework and could solve a lot of the export problems.

• I think productivity of the existing tools should be an obvious priority, if not the priority, for future developments ; time saved by developers creating games can be spent on project-specific needs, e.g. advanced optimisations, integration of 3rd party plugins, getting obscure platform exporters to work, etc. This would be easier for game developers with a technical background, but would benefit the entire community, as it already does.

If we focus only on some of these modules, only a subset of the C2 projects will benefit from the improvements, while at the moment that are still certain aspects of the IDE that are a bit clunky and that are clear "time-wasters"

• i would like to see some small things that make my life easier like

-setting the initial moving angle of bullets in the editor

-families for basic things where you can put in different objects like sprites and tiled backgrounds

-scaling for tiled backgrounds

and i would love to have an easy mysql implementation, like mentioned here before, for storing and receiving data

• I would like to see:

An option to export without comments and free lines. Now I have to delete every comment and enter in index.html ... I know it doesn't take much space, but every bit counts

• Ho yes an others requests for Santa Ashley :

-> If a global timeline isn't possible (plzzzz make it append !!!!!) maybe a movement editor could be cool too

i use a lote move_to behavior for all animation (setup manually coord + enable the behavior for the move)

a more friendly editor with the same system could be great

-> advanced particule, the actualle particule system is great but lack some features

ex :

color change/blend

the abilitie to edit/visual the particule, actually only showed on the runtime

ect...

-> Animated Tile map or Tile animation

-

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)