In November 2016
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
- v0.18.7 (Chromium 54) [Requires r217+]
- v0.18.5 (Chromium 54) [Requires r217+]
- Get the latest and current version and make sure you are using the appropriate Construct 2 release : https://www.scirra.com/nwjs
Third part addons
- You can ignore power of two image sizes now - An article in which Ashley talks about the newly added Web GL 2 support to Construct 2 r240 and superior and how it will impact some design decisions like the size of images you have to use. Moreover, TiledBackground used to ask you for a "power of two" sized image, with WebGL 2 this requirement will soon be gone.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
The year is coming to a close, and we are heading towards an exciting 2017.
Brace yourself winter is coming as they say in a popular story franchise.
And see you next year.