In February 2014
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read How to report bugs before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
Third part addons
- Construct2 support for wii U now - An article to announce the availability of the Wii U export through the usage of a specific Wii U plugin Nintendo Authorised Developers can retrieve from Nintendo's Wii U developer's forum and use.
- Multiplayer is coming - An article to present the first features and the idea behind the upcoming development cycle for the multiplayer engine that Scirra is making. This has been a major request and is overall a huge amount of work which you can be a part of by helping test it out. The engine relies on WebRTC which is implemented in Chrome and FireFox. Read the whole article to learn more about the features, the beta testing as well as the ideas around the monetisation of this features from Scirra's part.
- Time to upgrade from Windows XP - An article relaying Microsoft's announce of the close end of windows XP support (April 2014) and giving some reasons on why to upgrade to a more recent version and what it can bring to you in regards to the use of Construct2
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
The biggest change for this past month was the rework of the forums.
The software is new and allows for users far more control over their profiles than the previous forum software did.
You can check out your User Control Panel to set all your preferences in regards to the forums.
The changes are still quite new, and some quirks are still there.
@Tom is working actively on fixing all those issues and is very careful of your feedback.
The "Forum Issues Thread - Please read!" thread in the Website issues and Feedback forum is where he keeps and asks for the issues to be posted.
Be sure to read the first post first as it is where he keeps track of his "to-do" list as far as forum quirks/modification goes.
Please don't report an issue that's already listed there.
For the more observants as well, you can notice the forum's hierarchy/reorganisation as well.
We (the staff team) hope this new organisation will be more efficient and make more sense for everybody (English and non-English native speakers alike) and will allow us to have less moderation work of moving topics around to the most appropriate forums.
Also, if you want to help out, you can report posts/topics/PMs.
The new forums makes it easier for us to see and manage those reports and act accordingly.
You can also follow Scirra on Twitter and Facebook.
Lately, Ashley has been announcing when he was doing beta tests of the in-the-works multiplayer plugin he wrote an article about.
This would allow you to have a first look at the performances and excitation this plugin brings in the community.
This closes this post, see you next month.