In February 2017
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
Third part addons
- Announcing Construct 3 - An article that does announce the release plans for Construct 3 as well as the fact C3 will be browser-based and the license system for it.
- A first look at Construct 3 - An article that does announce the some of the new features and tries to answer some of the concerns that rose on the announcement day.
- Construct 3 on mobile - An article that announces how Construct 3 does currently work on mobiles as well, and can already be executed on Android phones and tablets. A note also on the browsers that currently can execute Construct 3 or not.
- Building mobile apps in Construct 3 - An article that explains how Construct 3 will provide a build service to export to mobile that is close to a one-click operation. Export your project, get your APK file (IPA hopefully in the future) and be allowed to use IAP/AdMob maintained by Scirra themselves.
- Live previews in the Construct 3 editor - An article with quite some videos to demonstrate the features presented: Live previews. For objects like particles and sprites, have a preview in the layout view of the animation and the result of its set parameters.
- Finding in Construct 3 projects - An article about the new search functions available in Construct 3 that allow you to look into events through the whole project as well as reference to an object/add on.
- Integrated Web Fonts in Construct 3 - An article displaying the new improvements made to manage Web Fonts easier inside the project while edition and at runtime. Also hints at the new Edit Text dialog and a few other usability things you might like.
- Saving and loading projects in Construct 3 - An article that explains the several ways Construct 3 will provide to save and load projects locally, in the browser space or even in the cloud.
- New editors in Construct 3 - An article that introduces new editors to help visualise the content of the dictionary and array data structures as well as a text editor to handle any other type of project file that could be added to your project.
- Addons in Construct 3 - An article which introduces the way addons will be handled in Construct 3. Construct 2 addons will need a quick update from their author's to be compatible with Construct 3's format, an Addon Manager will be available in Construct 3 to handle the built in and third-part addons installed in the editor and projects will be available to bundle with external addons to be opened and worked on even if the addon is not installed on the destination editor.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
The big news this month is the announcement of Construct 3 and a lot of blog posts introducing the features it will contain.
See you next month.