In April 2017
C2 New releases
- Release 244 Stable - Stable update with Xbox Live, WebGL 2 and more!
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read Bug report requirements before posting and provide all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
- v0.22.0 (Chromium 58) [Requires r217+]
- Get the latest and current version and make sure you are using the appropriate Construct 2 release : https://www.scirra.com/nwjs
Third part addons
C3 New releases
- r15 - Xbox Live plugin, SDK support, compatibility update and lots of bug fixes.
- r16 - Fills in some oversights, a few UI changes, and a lot of bug fixes again.
- r17 - Loads more bug fixes!
- r18 - Lots more fixes, and some more general changes and additions including a new origin indicator.
- r18.2 - A few extra fixes from r18
- r19 - Start page and UI updates, and more bug fixes.
- r20 - New 'Paste' option, new preview mode, and lots of bug fixes.
- r21 - Event variables bug fix, new clipboard setting and more.
- r22 - Fullscreen start page, beginnings of NW.js exporter, and more fixes.
- r23 - Animations editor mobile update, more UI updates + bug fixes.
- Find all the releases and changelogs on the new website https://www.construct.net/fr/make-games/releases
Construct 3 is currently going under a period of public beta test which does not represent the final quality of release.
Please help with testing and be sure to keep an eye on further developments coming for it if you are interested about this software.
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 3 you can report your bugs on github following the instructions and templates provided there.
You can discuss Construct 3 in this forum.
Remember, as announced, ultimately forums and other community related discussion channels will be moved to the new https://www.construct.net.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
Work keeps on on Construct 2 and especially on Construct 3.
Don't hesitate to keep an eye on https://www.construct.net, the official website for Construct 3, to see the incoming features for the site itself and Construct 3.
Also, as announced in the blog articles, May will see a Construct 3 game jam on Newgrounds providing access to every one to the full version of Construct 3 for the duration of the jam.
A nice occasion to test out Construct 3 and make some games with it.
Have a nice May and see you next month.