What is one thing you realised WAY too long into using C2?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • That you can do a shorthand if's (condition ? result_if_true : result_if_false) in expressions. Somehow missed that in the manual

• it may not be used often, but the fact that you can reference instances by doing: Sprite(1).x for example.. or Sprite(-1).x can come in handy sometimes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > that "minify script" is a bad idea

>

How so?

that applies only when you are using custom plugins and not the default C2 plugins. Because most of the custom plugins are not supporting the minify script, also its better not to use it, unless you export for html5 only. Nw.js and Android/IOS compilers might get really buggy that is from my experience, but maybe im doing it wrong.

OP-that groups are useless - and cpu intensive

• That you can do a shorthand if's (condition ? result_if_true : result_if_false) in expressions. Somehow missed that in the manual

Used C2 for 4 years, never knew that!

• it may not be used often, but the fact that you can reference instances by doing: Sprite(1).x for example.. or Sprite(-1).x can come in handy sometimes.

Woah, i didn't know that!

I realized it after 2-3 years into C2. I filled out some programming test at the university and noticed this strange line. Turned out it's a common programming practice.

• If you're debugging a game to check framerates, the "Inspect" tab can artificially move your FPS and CPU% to unusable levels. Switch to the "Watch" or "Profile" tabs instead.

• While debugging you can change variables live

• You can navigate back in menus by ALT + LEFT.

ALT + 4 preview from current layout and ALT + 5 debug .

The IID?

The IID?

• Pickedcount. 3 or 4 years and just NOW someone told me that's a thing. Pickedcount.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)